Notices

RC Boats....Lets see them

Old 07-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tborisch
I just finished this 65" Model of the Outerlimits GTX. Added my own twist to the pait scheme. The drives off the back are replicas of arnesons. The props are 85mm 5 blades. The engines are 7 HP each inline twin zenoahs timed 180 degree apart. The engines do have clutches.
It was a tight fit, but it all came out ok in the end.
Tom
Extremely nice, any performance numbers yet?
Old 07-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats fast. If you ever get any pictures/video of it running please post.

Originally Posted by Tborisch
The Cat runs low 60's.. The XXX runs deep into the 70's.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Registered
VIP Member

this is one like mine
Attached Thumbnails RC Boats....Lets see them-we5m1152.jpg   RC Boats....Lets see them-we5m1243.jpg   RC Boats....Lets see them-rudder_prb2650.jpg  

Old 07-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratickle
Post a pic of your Avanti. I may have something depending on its looks. If not, may be able to recommend a hull and motor combo. Used to be into RC big. Held 8 world speed records at the same time. I think I have a dozen or so on the shelves. I have one that matches all three of my bigger boats, not the 10' though. Think about the 4 foot size. The biggest problem when you get over about 42" to 44", is they will not fit comfortably, with a protective/carry stand, in most trunks or back seats so you don't play as much when going somewhere.
Size does NOT matter in this case.. I use an Avalanche for most of my travels.. so even 6' will fit. but I think 4', 42" - 44" are fine.

Something like this:

RC Boats....Lets see them-jax-pr-3.jpg

RC Boats....Lets see them-jax-run-bridge.jpg

RC Boats....Lets see them-08-av-trl.jpg
Old 07-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratickle
Post a pic of your Avanti. I may have something depending on its looks. If not, may be able to recommend a hull and motor combo. Used to be into RC big. Held 8 world speed records at the same time. I think I have a dozen or so on the shelves. I have one that matches all three of my bigger boats, not the 10' though. Think about the 4 foot size. The biggest problem when you get over about 42" to 44", is they will not fit comfortably, with a protective/carry stand, in most trunks or back seats so you don't play as much when going somewhere.

Hi, Were in west michigan. I live in grand rapids.. I don't by chance know you do i?

Tom
Old 07-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Bought my son his first RC boat this last winter. We let him find this vid on youtube for a suprise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv4eu3nnPJs
Old 07-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tborisch, One that one with thew twins do you have to run one counter rotation. I have a big Ocean express cat that I need to run twins in, any info on a good set up
Old 07-11-2008, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=PARADOX;2619086]Size does NOT matter in this case.. I use an Avalanche for most of my travels.. so even 6' will fit. but I think 4', 42" - 44" are fine.

Something like this:

Attachment 350706

Looking at the lines, I would probably start with a Gator hull from Warehouse Hobbies. They can also do a complete boat. I don't have any with close lines to your Avanti. Nice boat! The Gator has the same bottom as their Pro I believe and is around 46" long. Looks like the main change you would have to do is the windscreen/deck slope, otherwise very similar. If you are going to run around people and boats, make sure you get a clutch, fail-safe, and water pump. Will cost you 4 to 5 mph top end, way safer and no blown motors. Should still be able to go mid fifties to 60 with a 26cc Quickdraw or approx 50 with a 26cc Zenoah.
Attached Thumbnails RC Boats....Lets see them-gator.jpg  
Old 07-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

ran across this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psIbEpwo4Fw
Old 07-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Registered

I have a 27' Fountain and am looking for an RC Fountain that I can paint to look like my boat. I'd prefer brushless electric and it doesn't have to be all that fast. Any ideas where I could find something like this?

Quick Reply: RC Boats....Lets see them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.