Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Is this Apache a bow rider? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/173504-apache-bow-rider.html)

el indio 11-19-2007 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ike (Post 2339985)
The boat is beautiful except for the hole in it.

maybe it needs some fur around the hole.........kill 2 birds with one stone so to speek.........

el indio 11-19-2007 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by crb76 (Post 2340833)
That is terrible...

nothing compared to the 28 open cigarette he did a ways back............m.m.....

Panther 11-19-2007 09:31 AM

Who did the work? Was this the boat that TNT was working on?

Frequency 11-19-2007 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Top Banana (Post 2339776)
... and decided to open the deck to make it more usable. ...

Makes sense to me! :D

cfischer 11-19-2007 10:38 AM

I heard he did it for his kids. He still has the pieces so if someones really interested tell him to put it back together. The boat would still take some scalps if anyone wanted to play with him in big seas!!!!!!

TopSpin80 11-19-2007 11:14 AM

I think it would be cool to make the deck attachable and detachable. The storage of that piece may be a problem though, but if you are just gonna cruise with family take it out and let them sit there.. if you are gonna run the boat put it back and bolt it in for the structural strength.

Ernie

I'm sure whoever did it reinforced the rest of the boat to take the loads of no longer having a deck.

RumRunner 11-19-2007 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by TopSpin80 (Post 2341014)
I think it would be cool to make the deck attachable and detachable. The storage of that piece may be a problem though, but if you are just gonna cruise with family take it out and let them sit there.. if you are gonna run the boat put it back and bolt it in for the structural strength.

Ernie

I'm sure whoever did it reinforced the rest of the boat to take the loads of no longer having a deck.

Some of the old Mahogany wooden speedsters were built that way. The removable piece was split in the middle (like T-Tops) so you could store it when you removed it.

Still a BAD idea to cut that thing up...:mad:

Dude! Sweet! 11-19-2007 12:45 PM

Wasn't that Shaka boat spectacularly beautiful and unique looking in all black? I mean I know it would probably double as a cooking surface, but man what a shame...

I thought Warparty (in the classifieds) was the original red banner boat?

rockstrmkr 11-19-2007 01:12 PM

I never saw "shaka" in person, but from the pix it sure looked really mean!
"warPaint" was the original banner boat...

FunHome 11-19-2007 01:41 PM

I heard that the guy has three APACHE's!!! So even if he degraced this one by cutting it apart he still has two others......

I guess the name on the back should read
"BECAUSE I CAN"