Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Not again- Fountain propaganda has crossed international lines. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/173543-not-again-fountain-propaganda-has-crossed-international-lines.html)

OL40SVX 11-18-2007 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA (Post 2340603)
If you're the best why do you have to tell everyone your the best.:confused:

They're probably the best on the race course, thats it.

sommerfliesby 11-19-2007 05:02 AM

Do you guys get this upset when you see a Ford F-150 commercial? How about the new Silverado commercial? Toyota? THOSE are very realistic...what with the giant teeter-totter in the desert...
Honestly..it's called marketing...it sells boats.
I'm starting to think those that are the biggest complainers about Fountain's advertising are a bit insecure with themselves.
Let it go....enjoy your boat.
If it were Cigarette, I don't think I'd be hating on them...c'mon, thier LOGO says "Offshore World Champion," when's the last time that happened?

mikebrls 11-19-2007 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby (Post 2340669)
Do you guys get this upset when you see a Ford F-150 commercial? How about the new Silverado commercial? Toyota? THOSE are very realistic...what with the giant teeter-totter in the desert...
I'm starting to think those that are the biggest complainers about Fountain's advertising are a bit insecure with themselves.
If it were Cigarette, I don't think I'd be hating on them...c'mon, thier LOGO says "Offshore World Champion," when's the last time that happened?

:)

Mercury_Challenger 11-19-2007 07:29 AM

Good old NC attitude from Reggie...........see you guys don't understand us NC folks, yall under-estimate us as being redneck hillbilly folks, when we set records, we just wanna rub it in a bit! Its that positive lift hull that makes reggie the way he is......LMAO!!

Back4More 11-19-2007 09:24 AM

:evilb:

AppSysCons 11-19-2007 09:38 AM

Great video!

They are proud of a lifetime of winning.

Seems to me like we all win, when manufactures push design and materials to the limit.

LostinBoston 11-19-2007 10:00 AM

I always thought of Reggie as a cartoon charecter, and come on, its not possible to get angry with sponge bob, same goes for Reggie, except at the '05 worlds when he said on the radio that cats were too dangerous to be pleasure boats.

Elite Carrier Group 11-19-2007 10:24 AM

[QUOTE=sommerfliesby;2340669]Do you guys get this upset when you see a Ford F-150 commercial? How about the new Silverado commercial? Toyota? THOSE are very realistic...what with the giant teeter-totter in the desert...
If it were Cigarette, I don't think I'd be hating on them...c'mon, thier LOGO says "Offshore World Champion," when's the last time that happened?[/QUOTE]

ok... i dont mean to stir some crap here however i had to say something. were you in keywest 2005....p3-19 pollo tropical world champion.....were you in keywest this year...p3-19 put a whoopin on all boats in its class however broke out and got last place points......

both boat manufacturers are very good.. however, cigarette is after a different market, and fountain has dominated the racing circuit. its two beautiful and amazing boats they just have a different markey they go after...kudos to both manufacturers...both boats, legends, both creators, legends as well.....reggie fountain legend - don aronow - legend....enough said !! enough with the hating from every angle.

tomtbone1993 11-19-2007 10:41 AM

i like the video.....alot of free advertising for Outer-Limits as well

pm203 11-19-2007 11:02 AM

Who cares? The man deserves bragging rights. I found the video amusing. More power to him.