Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Not again- Fountain propaganda has crossed international lines. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/173543-not-again-fountain-propaganda-has-crossed-international-lines.html)

ApacheCarl 11-20-2007 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Expensive Date (Post 2341856)
Sounds like a "Strong buy rating should be in order":D:D

The market doesn't think so, down 13% today. :party-smiley-004:

FOUNTAIN PWRB IND (AMEX:FPB)

Last Trade: 1.47
Trade Time: 9:58AM ET
Change: 0.23 (13.53%)
Prev Close: 1.70
Open: 1.60
Bid: N/A
Ask: N/A
1y Target Est: N/A

Day's Range: 1.47 - 1.60
52wk Range: 1.70 - 4.45
Volume: 700
Avg Vol (3m): 3,721.54
Market Cap: 7.10M
P/E (ttm): N/A
EPS (ttm): -1.05
Div & Yield: N/A (N/A)

Cash Bar 11-20-2007 10:51 AM

:D

Love it when I'm right. All this good press is driving the stock price through the floor. :grinser010:

Easy to race and play when it's stockholders money. The other builders are playing with their own and they aren't stupid.

sommerfliesby 11-20-2007 11:18 AM

Boy...you sure are right on! Wish I'd bought another boat! Gee whiz! :rolleyes:

Cash Bar 11-20-2007 11:25 AM

I have OWNED a Fountain so I speak from experience. I think that alone gives me the right to express my thoughts on the brand.

I think Fountain builds great RACE boats. The pleasure boats are another story.

I bet I can count on one hand the number of Fountain owners that wouldn't take a new Cig., OL, or any number of cats if price wasn't an issue.

tomtbone1993 11-20-2007 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 2342374)
I have OWNED a Fountain so I speak from experience. I think that alone gives me the right to express my thoughts on the brand.

I bet I can count on one hand the number of Fountain owners that wouldn't take a new Cig., OL, or any number of cats if price wasn't an issue.

No Cig or OL for me if price was not an option:cool-smiley-011:

Now Donzi, Skater and MTi another story

CigDaze 11-20-2007 11:33 AM

Bingo. If someone knocked on your door and in front of your house sat a brand new 2008 42' Fountain and a brand new 2008 39 Top Gun, and you could choose one for FREE, which would most choose???.....:grinser010::food-smiley-007:

Sounds like the making of an new OSO poll...
(Greg, I'll give you the honors) :D

SpeedGirl 11-20-2007 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Cash.... Don't be so bitter it wasn't your fault

sommerfliesby 11-20-2007 12:13 PM

Nobody is denying you your rights, dude. My point and the point of many others earlier in this thread and in other threads of the same ilk is that you REALLY should relax and realize that is the way the advertising game is played. So what if it's over the top...and who really cares what Fountain's stock is doing...they aren't giving out shares of the company to those that buy their boats are they? I know I'm not personally affected by what Reggie says or does...didn't bug me when I owned another brand, doesn't bug me now, and won't bug me in the future when I buy my next boat.

Look at who the advertising is targeted at...most likely it is towards brand-loyal Fountain owners....a little back-slapping and encouragement towards buying a bigger and faster race-proven hull isn't a bad tactic.

For the record, I'm not very brand-loyal, I buy the boat that is right for my needs and my wallet. Next fall I'll be looking to go to a 38 footer or thereabouts, i.e. 37 AT, 38 TG, or 42 Fountain :D.

carcrash 11-20-2007 01:11 PM

$3.50 per gallon fuel might have something to do with the stock price.

fountain1fan 11-20-2007 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by PT-109 (Post 2342510)
The faster 1:angry-smiley-038::evilb:

amen . fountain.:cool-smiley-011: