Notices

Brand Loyal

Old 11-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

I think I know the story. Chriswithaboat bought a new baja (27 I think) last year around the same time, but he bought it from Marine Max in Arlington. Unfortunately he had some problems and Marine Max in Arlington could not fix it because they don't know anything about performance boats. They primarily sell sea ray runabouts under 27ft. SO, he wanted to trade in and marine max was going to make him eat like $30-40K. SO he made a thread on how MM in Arlington sucks. THEN he went to Legend Marine and bought a 292 Formula sometime around July......? Now it looks as if he has since then bought a 32 Fountain CC. I missed that part, but am curious as to why the 292 Formula was not up to par, or was it their customer service.......? Or maybe just wanted something with more room.

Chris - sorry to get into your personal buying patterns, but a lot of people here are pretty clueless as to why this was posted. I'd still like to meet up sometime on Texoma along with anybody else that frequently boats the lake, maybe we can bullchit over brand loyalty after I smoke you in my 28 Apache

That was a joke.....
Old 11-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wantingmore
I don't miss the Harley...
I wasn't talking about the motorcycle!
Old 11-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by haulinvols
Since I was dragged into this I will respond with my reasoning. Take it as you wish.

I don't begrudge anyone of their opinion and I would never bash anyone personally over their opinion. If someone comes on here and asks "what do you think of Baja" then I say swing away, it is your god given right. What I don't understand is why people feel the need to spout negativity about Baja in every thread having to do with a comparison of other brands. At no point was Baja brought up in that video or in that thread yet someone still felt the need to throw a little dart at the Baja brand with a comment. I guess I am getting a little crabby from raking leaves all weekend and watching the cold fronts coming through.

Somebody pass the beer and popcorn, I feel jack frost on the window.
Hey, Your's looks good and mine hauls ass( for under $45k) what's not to love!!!
Old 11-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
Well, I care about brand loyality!

I own a Chery, a Harley and a Cigarette!
Sweet, Clay! Do you own any real bikes, too?? LOL

Just a joke! Don't go Harley on my azz.

Last edited by Keytime; 11-20-2007 at 04:52 PM. Reason: notta
Old 11-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I think I know the story. Chriswithaboat bought a new baja (27 I think) last year around the same time, but he bought it from Marine Max in Arlington. Unfortunately he had some problems and Marine Max in Arlington could not fix it because they don't know anything about performance boats. They primarily sell sea ray runabouts under 27ft. SO, he wanted to trade in and marine max was going to make him eat like $30-40K. SO he made a thread on how MM in Arlington sucks. THEN he went to Legend Marine and bought a 292 Formula sometime around July......? Now it looks as if he has since then bought a 32 Fountain CC. I missed that part, but am curious as to why the 292 Formula was not up to par, or was it their customer service.......? Or maybe just wanted something with more room.

Chris - sorry to get into your personal buying patterns, but a lot of people here are pretty clueless as to why this was posted. I'd still like to meet up sometime on Texoma along with anybody else that frequently boats the lake, maybe we can bullchit over brand loyalty after I smoke you in my 28 Apache That was a joke.....
I am sure the Apache will outrun it...

You nailed it! i must ask you about current events sometime!

The Formula was an outstanding boat and to date we have had great customer service from Legend Marine. We traded for the 32 Fountain CC to start doing more fishing on Texoma and some offshore fishing. We also just like to trade toys alot so don't be surprised next year or the year after if it changes to something else. Picked up a 6.4 F250 today also to match the color of the boat. I don't think this one is going to have as large of a lift put on it as our white one though.

Mutton Snapper my wife caught and the fishing guide "Capt Bill" while we were at the powerboat races.

Last edited by Chriswithaboat; 11-20-2007 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nothing wrong with a Baja. I think some owners get a little over-enthusiastic and insulted when Baja's aren't thought of in the same light as Apaches, MTI's and such. They are what they are- A good boat. Not a great boat, not a legendary boat but nowhere near to being a lackluster or POS boat.

If Baja had a guy like Reggie Fountain at the helm, then maybe they'd be legendary...
Old 11-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Registered

Default Interesting!

I have never understood the Brand Wars. I understand the Yuppie Wars! Funny how some names become associated with people who supposedly have money! Back in the days you would never see me with say a Pioneer stereo. Why? Because all ya paid for was their name. I haven't heard anything bad about Baja's. Would like to know if there is anything bad because I am thinking about buying one. I could buy onna the big name boats. But what's the point? Seems like a waste of money to me. I buy something for the service it provides...not the bling! The funnest thing I ever owned was a Ford Pinto! Talk about a street sleeper! 4 banger that would dust the Yuppies new Z-28's! I guess it all depends on weather ya wanna rent something for a year or 2 or own it! Resale value...so if ya quick get rich scheme fails!