Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
*New Thread*Offshore Racing Video Game >

*New Thread*Offshore Racing Video Game

Notices
View Poll Results: Would you buy an Offshore Racing Video Game??
YES
96.99%
NO
3.01%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

*New Thread*Offshore Racing Video Game

Old 11-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am a Yes!
Old 07-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know its been along time but what ever happend to this idea?
Old 07-08-2009, 02:33 AM
Registered

DIRT is a good game to go by xbox 360, I was into it for 3months straight everyday then got board, but if it was boat racing wow.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Registered

ya i know they've made evreyother type off video game but y not a boating one
Old 04-28-2010, 12:38 AM
Registered

Default offshore racing video game for PC

Hi everyone,
As we just finished our offshore video game, I wanted to share with you this information. It's a simple racing game, don't expect a simulation one but I hope you'll have a great fun anyway playing at it. You can find a demo at http://www.gamayun-productions.com
Any comments would be highly appreciated!
Old 11-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gamayun
Hi everyone,
As we just finished our offshore video game, I wanted to share with you this information. It's a simple racing game, don't expect a simulation one but I hope you'll have a great fun anyway playing at it. You can find a demo at http://www.gamayun-productions.com
Any comments would be highly appreciated!
I tried your Video game and it was OK. Not mush different from others I have played befre on Play station 1 years back.

Heres what Id like to see.

No jumps, V hulls, Id like to see a river boating experince because I think it would be easy to do. Have the Jumps be a boat wake coming down river or one going up river and give style points for killer jumps and good reentry.

While it would be cool to see ocean stuff I am not sure how you could make the boat ride properly in the water.

also I would make the boat sit nose igher and not DIg into the water unless its stuffs and then Id have it Look like stuff, Maybe have a helicopter come in and take people away if you stuff it.

Maybe have a set up side bar with Trim and drives so when you come up on a boat you have to add some tab etc.

Then eventually make it so you can buy more enegines etc.

Just my .02

Other than that It was a fun little game but I couldn't see myself spending much time with it.
It didnt really relate in any way to the type of boating any of us really do.
Ill be interested to see what OTHERs think

I am glad someone is trying to get input and build a good game for the Performance boating market.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:33 AM
Registered

I'm not gonna lie, I'm 15 and I would totally get this game. I still play Bimini run on my dads sega genesis sometimes, and THAT'S an old game. And I know I can speak for a kids my age when I say this game would totally be successful if it's done the right way. Make it like NFS. Start out with some kind of small outboard, little bit of cash. Complete races, make more money, buy better boats and pimp them out. I think this would be awesome and I know I've been wishing for one for years.

I remember playing one of the grand theft auto's a few years ago and you could drive boats, and I would just drive em around. Closest I ever got to an offshore game (for new systems anyway)
Old 11-22-2010, 09:20 AM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bimini run
Complete races, make more money,
Ok, that game wouldn't be very realistic!!!
Old 11-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by saxman
Ok, that game wouldn't be very realistic!!!
Hmmm, you race and get nothing? That wouldn't be very fun lol, how are you supposed to buy new parts? Or I guess you could unlock more parts / boats from winning races, and there would be no money at all :P

Last edited by bimini run; 11-22-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:39 PM
Registered

Default Offshore racing games

I would buy one the second it came out. It would be freaking sweet to start out with the little boats like a Glastron GT 160 with a 40 hp outboard and then, through points and medals, GRADUALLY move up to SCARAB and Cigarette Performance, and Super Boat Performance Boats and have the option to upgrade the boats with better hulls, engines, props, etc... I would also like to have the option to be a cop. It would be fun to race to catch those smugglers and drug cartels before they reach international waters.

Quick Reply: *New Thread*Offshore Racing Video Game

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.