Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   STOP THE MADNESS! I'm TRICKED out. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/173712-stop-madness-im-tricked-out.html)

Sydwayz 11-21-2007 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 2343356)
I agree........Brian......relax or don't view OSO for a day or so if it stresses you out. OSO is providing a service here!

I agree, OSO is a great service. Personally, I could care less what gets posted on here about this subject.

However, its Thanksgiving weekend, and OSO Management has family too. I can tell you they do not want to be sitting here babysitting a few thousand guerrilla posters over a holiday weekend that is supposed to be spent with family.

That's my point. I'm going boating. Enjoy your holiday everyone.

Sydwayz

vagrant 11-21-2007 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 2343249)
What's going on with Trick Marine?? Did I miss something?

Can someone give me the short version?

:D:(:(:rolleyes:

Yes, He said this they did that now BEND OVER.:eek:

obnoxus 11-21-2007 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by 43Thunder (Post 2343546)
I'm with you:confused:

If your serious and didnt read the other thread.,,,,,,

The VERY short version is Trick kept taking orders and payment, but stoped actually sending most products out.

Wont answer phones, or open the door at the warehouse where employees vehicles have been seen. (ie Trick stickers in the windows of trucks )

Also still is doing buisness on Ebay.

Just the readers digest version.

Mange 11-21-2007 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2343571)
However, its Thanksgiving weekend, and OSO Management has family too. I can tell you they do not want to be sitting here babysitting a few thousand guerrilla posters over a holiday weekend that is supposed to be spent with family.

Is it like me drunk thinking of calling a cab home from the bar and think "Oh sh*t, its Thanksgiving and all the cab drivers must spend the time with their familys...would be wrong of me to call a cab...." ??

OSO (love the site) is a commersial-site with their clients, employees, pays taxes etc. This is business 24-7. With above some responsibility comes to. Babysitting or not.

Thanks
Mange

Just a stupid Swede ;-)

Tricky919 11-21-2007 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 2343249)
What's going on with Trick Marine?? Did I miss something?

Can someone give me the short version?

:D:(:(:rolleyes:

You call Trick, order parts, Trick takes money, you get no parts, you get pissed, call Trick, get no answer, you go on oso, post on Trick thread. The End !!!!!

pullmytrigger 11-21-2007 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mange (Post 2343726)

OSO (love the site) is a commersial-site with their clients, employees, pays taxes etc. This is business 24-7. With above some responsibility comes to. Babysitting or not.

agreed!......my HVAC co is 24/7 too...... once in a while that part of it pizzes me off, but nobody twisted my arm to it so I have no one to blame but myself.......holidays or not get it on.

45sonic 11-21-2007 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by obnoxus (Post 2343686)
If your serious and didnt read the other thread.,,,,,,

The VERY short version is Trick kept taking orders and payment, but stoped actually sending most products out.

Wont answer phones, or open the door at the warehouse where employees vehicles have been seen. (ie Trick stickers in the windows of trucks )

Also still is doing buisness on Ebay.

Just the readers digest version.

Yes, I was serious. I did read the "other" thread but after reading 10 pages I kind of lost what it was about. Thanks for the clarification and the "Reader's Digest Condensed Version"

Happy Thanksgiving

100-Plus 11-21-2007 01:50 PM

As someone who posted on the other thread, I gotta admit ... there's been an awful lot of energy spent and drama created on this subject.

Another company in the high-perf boat world bites the dust. Sure, the proprietor used this board as a marketing platform. And, yes, he was a well-known message board user. So maybe his customers and supporters who all frequent this board feel a little burned.

But it happens in the offshore world, more often than it should maybe, but it happens. That the proprietor is a nice guy should shock no one. What, only the evil, the greedy guys (think Kenneth Lay) fail in business?

It also sucks that people, customers and vendors, are left holding the bag and I hope they recover whatever they've lost. But that, too, is all too common in failed businesses, even when nice, well-liked people own them.

cuda 11-21-2007 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by yss (Post 2343459)
Didn't even know there was an issue. Found it though.

Good thing I'm not the kind of guy that says I told you so!:D:eek::drink: