Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Bought a New Boat if It checks out! Opinions? >

Bought a New Boat if It checks out! Opinions?

Notices

Bought a New Boat if It checks out! Opinions?

Old 11-27-2007, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought a New Boat if It checks out! Opinions?

I just bought this boat if it checks out! http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o17464-en.html
I have been hunting and looking! Plan on dropping a procharged 454 built for the procharger putting out in the low 600 HP range. I would love to hear everyone's opinions. Are their any issues with Powerquests I should look for? All I have read is positive. Seems like a good buy to me! Need a boat that won't bounce to much so the wife is happy! Didn't buy for the Ocean...for lakes...LOL not like what I have read about LOTO! Also..if the deal goes through I have a 496 with less than 100 hours on it forsale! Make your offers...will consider a stock 454 in good condition on trade!

Last edited by pachanga; 11-27-2007 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:45 PM
Registered

I have a 95 257 legend it is a great boat and the wife wont bounce around unless you want her to.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

PQ builds a decent boat. I wouldn't put them in line with Fountain, Formula and Cigarette as the ad suggests. More in line with Baja. Check it out very well. I noticed in the pic of the Vberth in the upper right side it looks like a water stain?????

Congrats and hopefully all goes well.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
PQ builds a decent boat. I wouldn't put them in line with Fountain, Formula and Cigarette as the ad suggests. More in line with Baja. Check it out very well. I noticed in the pic of the Vberth in the upper right side it looks like a water stain?????

I questioned the seller very directley about what looks like a waterstain! He said there was a waterstain! But was suprised by what I described. He says the trim there is an offwhite-brown color. He also says there is a small waterstain from where the hatch was left open. But what looks like a waterstain is not the long line that I am seeing in the picture.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:27 AM
Registered

I'd look at a used Superboat Y2K before ever considering a Powerquest. Good Luck!
Dan
Old 11-28-2007, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff

Dont kid yourself PQ builts a good boat ,not a Cigarette but up there with Furmula,Iam on my 3rd and no problems,I boat at the same lake as Pantera650 and I stay next to him at any water,sure now with the big power his a hell of alot faster then I am but as far as quality and ride PQ is right up there,I also go to LOTO once a year and do just fine.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigsaw89
I'd look at a used Superboat Y2K before ever considering a Powerquest. Good Luck!
Dan
how do you base your opinion???
Do you own a Y2K?
Old 11-28-2007, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I pounded the crap out of a 230 conquest with big power for 10 years in the great lakes. Not one stress crack to be found anywhere. Very well built, solid hull. The boat is now 17 years old and it still looks great. Excellent quality throughout. Top notch interior materials, all thru bolted hardware, all round excellent boat.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Airpacker
I pounded the crap out of a 230 conquest with big power for 10 years in the great lakes. Not one stress crack to be found anywhere. Very well built, solid hull. The boat is now 17 years old and it still looks great. Excellent quality throughout. Top notch interior materials, all thru bolted hardware, all round excellent boat.
The original boats built by the orig members up until 07 were great, I had a 96 34 Vyper. That's why no stress cracks. Do your homework, and ask alot of q's, and please, get the boat surveyed by a professional..CALL ED. good luck. Jeff
Old 11-28-2007, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Take out the 496 for a 454????????????? Why not procharge the 496? I'd keep the 496 and put it back in when its time to sale. It will be worth more and be an easier sale.

Quick Reply: Bought a New Boat if It checks out! Opinions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.