Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Nortech 43 V CardShark STOLEN 11/23 at 7pm (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/173976-nortech-43-v-cardshark-stolen-11-23-7pm.html)

TxHawk 11-25-2007 04:40 PM

Nortech 43 V CardShark STOLEN 11/23 at 7pm

1 Attachment(s)
The 43 Nor-Tech V Card Shark was discovered to be stolen this evening from the boat yard at Derebery Performance. While returning a trailer to the shop from a hunting trip, the lock on the gate was found to be cut off and the the boat missing. The gate was closed and locked with a different lock. There is surveillance tape showing a black dually pulling up to the gate, pulling in and 2 men hooking up to the boat. They truck was in the yard for about 4-5 mins then pulled out, shut the gate and left. The video that is available does not allow you to see the brand or make of the truck. It does show 7pm Friday 11/23/07. The owner of the boat was unaware of any transport of the boat. The boat had been sitting in the lot for several months for sale. If you have seen the boat, please contact Derebery Performance at 903-786-3797 or the Grayson County Sheriff at 903-893-4388

Buddy OO 11-25-2007 04:48 PM

don't understand why someone would steal a boat, without a title it's worthless, you can't register it, with a black dually and bolt cutters and only 4-5 minutes relock gate they were professionals, like a boat repo service. were there any similar boats there, Is Derreberry in a busy area?

Chris Sunkin 11-25-2007 04:54 PM

The hull may be worthless but all those bits bolted to it can add up to many thousands of dollars.

We have kids using cordless sawzalls to whack catalytic converters off of parked cars at the mall- and getting $5 a piece for them. If I were a thief, an offshore boat would be a goldmine in comparison.

TxHawk 11-25-2007 04:54 PM

The frontage road is busy with locals but they dont pay much attention to the shop. Boats comming and going all the time. There are plenty of other boats in the yard, not all of them had the kind of hardware that this boat had. I cant imagine trying to move and hide a boat like this, even to part it out. Someone had 10-12 hours of darkness to get where they were going.

thunderusone 11-25-2007 05:03 PM

What did it have for power and drives?

TxHawk 11-25-2007 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by thunderusone (Post 2347506)
What did it have for power and drives?

1100 Teagues, Quad Rotor Carbureted, #6's

RunninHotRacing163.1 11-25-2007 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by ExcaliburHawk40 (Post 2347496)
The frontage road is busy with locals but they dont pay much attention to the shop. Boats comming and going all the time. There are plenty of other boats in the yard, not all of them had the kind of hardware that this boat had. I cant imagine trying to move and hide a boat like this, even to part it out. Someone had 10-12 hours of darkness to get where they were going.

Sounds like they had it planned/timed pretty good ,Between the tape and the POPO justice willbe served .:eek:

masher44 11-25-2007 05:38 PM

That blows dude.... will keep our ears open!

PJDiesel 11-25-2007 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Buddy OO (Post 2347487)
......................like a boat repo service.

Huh, interesting observation. Why would someone waste the time and energy to re-lock the gate? That sounds odd to me, as if they didn't really have any beef with the storage facility itself and wanted to make sure that the gate wasn't left unsecured when they left.......?

TxHawk 11-25-2007 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by PJDiesel (Post 2347565)
Huh, interesting observation. Why would someone waste the time and energy to re-lock the gate? That sounds odd to me, as if they didn't really have any beef with the storage facility itself and wanted to make sure that the gate wasn't left unsecured when they left.......?

These days I hate to be the person who puts the information out there. The owner has been contacted and I assume would let someone know if this "may not be a theft." I can only assume that it is.