Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Kryptonite boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/174097-kryptonite-boats.html)

Tom A. 12-03-2007 10:20 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Few more pics of my 29.

purnell 12-03-2007 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Big Time (Post 2357075)
I thought that I saw a 27 kryptonite race boat for sale called Wanted a little while ago. I notice that is the name of your boat....same race team?

the 27 was my first one killer boat, balanced reel well, accelerated like crazy just a killer boat.

Big Time 12-04-2007 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 2357258)
Few more pics of my 29.

Yeah, I remember seeing that one for sale for a while, glad you got it sold. I would plan on keepng my next boat for a while, so not too concerned over how long it would take to sell. Thanks for the input/pics.

Paisan 12-25-2007 11:18 AM

Looking at a 27' CC made in 2003. I'm assuming that this would be the same as a 27' non CC? What's the width on these hulls? Thanks for all the great feeback, just a little leary of pulling the trigger on a relatively unknown name (to me).

-mike

Tom A. 12-27-2007 11:59 AM

Hey Paisan, glad you found this thread. I didn't want to have to cut and paste all my comments. Sorry about your Baja, hope you can work it out.

As far as the 27' CC Kryptonite, it is the same hull as the Sport/F1 boats. It has an 8' beam and is very fast. It runs as well in the rough stuff as the sport models. I had the chance to take a ride in one when my sport was being built. It does have a low freeboard which makes for good fishing however you do feel a little exposed. It did run dry for a boat that size however.

Big Time 12-27-2007 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 2384571)
It does have a low freeboard which makes for good fishing however you do feel a little exposed. It did run dry for a boat that size however.

What about the freeboard on the 29....is that the same as the 27 ? (I imagine it would being that they are the same hull, just with a swim platform).

Paisan 12-31-2007 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 2384571)
Hey Paisan, glad you found this thread. I didn't want to have to cut and paste all my comments. Sorry about your Baja, hope you can work it out.

As far as the 27' CC Kryptonite, it is the same hull as the Sport/F1 boats. It has an 8' beam and is very fast. It runs as well in the rough stuff as the sport models. I had the chance to take a ride in one when my sport was being built. It does have a low freeboard which makes for good fishing however you do feel a little exposed. It did run dry for a boat that size however.

Tom thanks for the info. Yeah as a long-time user of forums, I used the old Search Button after you said there was a thread on it. Low free-board is not a good thing for me :( But a dry ride is good. I'm trying to compare it with Concepts, Scarabs and Renegade Center Consoles in terms of freeboard. Anyone have any input on that? Also any input on a roughly 30' performance boat with twin outboards? Just had bad luck on both my last 2 I/Os in terms of the steering pins and gimbles so I'm gonna try outboards this time around.

Thanks again for everyone's input on this thread.

-mike

Hot Duck 01-01-2008 12:15 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few pics of Purnell in his old 27 Krypto. That was one incredible boat and the 39 is just as impressive, only bigger.

Gladhe8er 01-01-2008 12:59 AM

Hey, does the 27 take as big of a chit as the 29? Always wondered that...

purnell 01-01-2008 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er (Post 2388934)
Hey, does the 27 take as big of a chit as the 29? Always wondered that...

what the fuk does that mean