Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Kryptonite boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/174097-kryptonite-boats.html)

frogger1403 11-27-2007 09:55 AM

Kryptonite boats

what happened to this Long Island manufacturer? Any infos on the boats as well as builder?

Heiko

berns29scarab 11-27-2007 10:14 AM

awesome products...

Tom A. 11-27-2007 10:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Heiko,

I used to own a 29' and used to talked to Kirk the owner fairly regularly. Last I heard from him (June), he had moved out of his facility and was looking to move into a new larger production facility. He had put all the molds and equipment in storage and was rigging a few boats he had already laid up. I hope he actually does this because they are great boats. My only concern is that he is involved in his family business (ornamental ironwork I believe) and Kryptonite was a second business. Along with the 23, 27, and 29, he built one 39' sit down, and a 36' center console and had some new molds built for variations of those two.
I always thought he fell short of taking it to the next level by not marketing enough. He never updated the website and now that is not even active. The 27/29 is probably one of the best single engine off-shore boats ever built with multiple National and World F-1 championships.

Tom A.

glassdave 11-27-2007 12:00 PM

Hey Tom was the 39 an original hull or what was it molded from,just curious. They are very nicely built boats thats for sure.

Sean 11-27-2007 12:03 PM

41 Apache

AppSysCons 11-27-2007 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 2349633)
Heiko,

I used to own a 29' and used to talked to Kurt the owner fairly regularly. Last I heard from him (June), he had moved out of his facility and was looking to move into a new larger production facility. He had put all the molds and equipment in storage and was rigging a few boats he had already laid up. I hope he actually does this because they are great boats. My only concern is that he is involved in his family business (ornamental ironwork I believe) and Kryptonite was a second business. Along with the 23, 27, and 29, he built one 39' sit down, and a 36' center console and had some new molds built for variations of those two.
I always thought he fell short of taking it to the next level by not marketing enough. He never updated the website and now that is not even active. The 27/29 is probably one of the best single engine off-shore boats ever built with multiple National and World F-1 championships.

Tom A.

I have meet the builder on several occasions, as well as has a change to drive the Typhoon F1 (white boat) shortly after Randy purchased it. I was very impressed with the boat, and how well it was balanced.

frogger1403 11-27-2007 01:16 PM

i had a look to his boats via archive.org and thought the 29 looks like a Hustler Cheetah.

Where does the 27/29 come from?

Heiko

Sean 11-27-2007 01:24 PM

21 Superboat

berns29scarab 11-27-2007 01:37 PM

i was origianlly told the they came from the superboats...hence the naming. Superboat/superman's weakness Kryptonite

glassdave 11-27-2007 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by frogger1403 (Post 2349901)
i had a look to his boats via archive.org and thought the 29 looks like a Hustler Cheetah.

Where does the 27/29 come from?

Heiko

i had Tom A's 29 at my place and it was brought to my attention that
it was very much like a 29 Excel Scarab. I have to agree it is suspiciously close :D