Notices

Whipple Charger-

Old 11-29-2007, 03:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ChiefApache89
When we bought the Apache this summer I was adament about not buying a boat with blowers....that was hard to find with the weight of the boat, etc. and now realize that we need them in order to have the boat perform where we want.

I know my husband will know this but I just have to ask quickly.

What is the difference between whipples and blowers? Is there short version that puts it in a nutshell?

Thanks.
Not all that much- same basic principle. The whipple uses a high helix rotor which is essentially more of a screw-like twist than a straight-rotor roots type. There are plusses and minuses to each.

Blowers aren't bad but they are a bit more maintenance-intensive. The biggest thing is making sure you have zero fuel delivery issues. Lean melts motors quick with blowers.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Not all that much- same basic principle. The whipple uses a high helix rotor which is essentially more of a screw-like twist than a straight-rotor roots type. There are plusses and minuses to each.

Blowers aren't bad but they are a bit more maintenance-intensive. The biggest thing is making sure you have zero fuel delivery issues. Lean melts motors quick with blowers.
Thanks for the explanation Chris. Trust me, we have enough soot on our transom so we're not running lean!

Still learning about blowers and things like that. We're doing some maintenance on our blowers this winter and Rob's been great in explaining everything and what it does along the way. Just helps me understand a little bit better when you goes start talking your talk!
Old 11-29-2007, 04:37 PM
Registered

i have a tripple engine 42 baja & i have there 3300liter efi blower kits in my boat. they are great. proably a good 100 hours on them with no problems what so ever. the noise they make is the very cool also. 3 engines at 5900rpm, people stair when you go by & just point. so if your asking i say for shore do it.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Canada Jeff
Question for you experts, I will need to 'tune' my engine once it is back together. Do I HAVE to send the computers back to Whipple? My engine guy is very familiar with this system but I think we are going to have a hard time getting into the computers now that Whipple has calibrated them. I think they lock the computers out don't they? Can we get into the computers ? It would be nice once the engine is on the dyno to tune it , rather than send the computers to Dustin along with the dyno sheets. Then try again....
i have a tripple baja 42 with whipple's, if you want less brain damage call dustin whipple let him know your sending them & have him do it. when i put on my chargers down in fresno he went with me to the lake to do the map, never had a problem ever in 3 seasons.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:26 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would like to have this set up in my next boat w/#6's, 525efi Whipple making 900++ hp
Attached Thumbnails Whipple Charger--dsc01566_small.jpg  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
I would like to have this set up in my next boat w/#6's, 525efi Whipple making 900++ hp
That boat would work well also!!
Old 11-29-2007, 07:08 PM
lt
Registered

Smile

I installed a 3.3 whipple and dart aluminum heads on a HP 500efi and went from 84mph to 112mph in a 25 daytona, it's 3 years old and never had any issues , very pleased.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Hay rik FAST makes a nice efi system fully programable with lap top
Old 11-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Registered

I have a standard 502 with a little adjustment im getting right around 625 hp. Bored out heads, different cam etc...This is a carburated engine can i still add whipples? If so how much would it cost me?
Old 11-29-2007, 11:31 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
That boat would work well also!!

Just think turn the boost up and race gas and be 1000plus.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Quick Reply: Whipple Charger-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.