Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Whipple Charger- (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/174213-whipple-charger.html)

Strip Poker 388 11-29-2007 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm (Post 2353272)
That boat would work well also!!:D:D

Just think turn the boost up and race gas and be 1000plus.:D

Canada Jeff 11-30-2007 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by lt (Post 2353314)
I installed a 3.3 whipple and dart aluminum heads on a HP 500efi and went from 84mph to 112mph in a 25 daytona, it's 3 years old and never had any issues , very pleased.

Which Dart heads did you use? I ask because I have to port match them to the Whipple intake. Not a very good match stock. Did you do this? I am running the Pro one seris.

lt 11-30-2007 07:30 AM

Jeff I used the cnc ported 335 heads, I did not match the ports when installed, but I am currently building a 557 quadrotor with the dart cnc 355 heads and I will certainly see how they match up(or don't match up?)FYI we spoke briefly before you installed your whipple, Rob at HTG is building the 557. Larry

Canada Jeff 11-30-2007 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by lt (Post 2353863)
Jeff I used the cnc ported 335 heads, I did not match the ports when installed, but I am currently building a 557 quadrotor with the dart cnc 355 heads and I will certainly see how they match up(or don't match up?)FYI we spoke briefly before you installed your whipple, Rob at HTG is building the 557. Larry

Oh, O.K. cool, question, did you look into the 5.0 whipple? Instead of the quad rotor? Also, tell Rob to double check your push rods apone assembly....;-)

Nauti By Nature 11-30-2007 07:48 AM

looking to upgrade b&m to quad or new 5.0

Originally Posted by Canada Jeff (Post 2353871)
Oh, O.K. cool, question, did you look into the 5.0 whipple? Instead of the quad rotor? Also, tell Rob to double check your push rods apone assembly....;-)

looking to upgrade b&m to quad or new 5.0 , can you tell me
if you need intercoolers for 540 or less ci , with 800 -900 hp?

Just listed them in classified with intercoolers !

Need feedback thanks

Strip Poker 388 11-30-2007 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Nauti By Nature (Post 2353893)
looking to upgrade b&m to quad or new 5.0 , can you tell me
if you need intercoolers for 540 or less ci , with 800 -900 hp?

Just listed them in classified with intercoolers !

Need feedback thanks

On the Whipple kits They are made for/into the lower intake. I wouldnt run it without a innercooler.

I am hearing the 5.0 is a lot more money that the Quad?

ApacheCarl 11-30-2007 08:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Whipples are awesome blowers. I have about 100hrs on a pair of 3.3s, no problems so far. They sound really cool when they are making boost :D

Nauti By Nature 11-30-2007 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 (Post 2353923)
On the Whipple kits They are made for/into the lower intake. I wouldnt run it without a innercooler.

I am hearing the 5.0 is a lot more money that the Quad?

something like 6200 for snoutless blower I was Quoted ,
for radial w305r / how much for quad carb do you know aprox ?

Nauti By Nature 11-30-2007 08:18 AM

would like to find some some quads setup with carbs maybe
anybody have them?

Chris Sunkin 11-30-2007 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by ChiefApache89 (Post 2353035)
Thanks for the explanation Chris. Trust me, we have enough soot on our transom so we're not running lean! :cool-smiley-011:

Still learning about blowers and things like that. We're doing some maintenance on our blowers this winter and Rob's been great in explaining everything and what it does along the way. Just helps me understand a little bit better when you goes start talking your talk! :D:drink:

By running lean, I don't mean intentionally jetting lean. I mean having something go wrong and disturb fuel delivery to your cylinders. Something as small as a piece of dirt or a failing pump can restrict fuel supply- it only takes a few seconds to go from smooth running to Chernobyl inside your motor. There's a very fine line between max performance and meltdown with forced induction.

Maintenance, diligence and a willingness to replace some key parts even though they're still working is the only way to successfully live with blowers.

I'm anxious to try this on the set of motors I'm building now. If iot does half of what they claim and what people have said it does, it's worth the $$ just for the meltdown insurance, let alone the performance gains.
http://www.jandssafeguard.com/