Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where can I keep my boat for a few weeks near Boca Raton? >

Where can I keep my boat for a few weeks near Boca Raton?

Notices

Where can I keep my boat for a few weeks near Boca Raton?

Old 11-29-2007, 02:20 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Where can I keep my boat for a few weeks near Boca Raton?

We are thinking about pulling our Super Hawaii to Boca for a few weeks in Jan.. Where is a good place to keep it? At my sister's place is not an option. On my trailer or rack? I don't think I want to leave it in the water.

Thanks
Mark
Old 11-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How close do you want/need the boat to be to Boca? Your best bet is finding someone with an unused lift near where you want to be: http://westpalmbeach.craigslist.org/boa and http://fortlauderdale.craigslist.org/boa

There's a "residents only" ramp at the ICW bridge on Palmetto Park Rd; big money for non-residents, not sure if you can get away with sister getting the resident pass.

A little south is a free ramp, Pioneer Park in Deerfield Beach. There are a few rack facilities near there on the same canal. Only one I know off the top of my head is Marina One. The other two are further up the canal, but I'm sure waaay cheaper if they have space. Marine One probably won't, but those other two "might" accomodate keeping the trailer, or even offer on-trailer storage; just a thought...

I keep my boat in a storage yard in north Pompano. I can PM contact info if you want to see if they have room.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Yes PM me the info. North Pompano is only a few miles away.
I think Hideaway Marine is in Pompano also.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Looks like you're making plans Mark. Maybe we can hook up for a day out on the boats. I'm taking mine down on 12/12 and I hope to have a few extra days around there before we head to the Keys for our Thunder Run in January.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Payton
Yes PM me the info. North Pompano is only a few miles away.
I think Hideaway Marine is in Pompano also.
PM sent. If it's where I think it is, Hideaway could be considered South Pompano? If you're looking at maps, it's south of Atlantic Blvd. And during the winter time, that means a fair amount of idle time (30mins at least?) to get to Hillsboro Inlet for example. But you would get to pass by Houstons and Sands
Old 11-29-2007, 06:36 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Mike,still thinking.

Linda is asking if we can just use your's instead of pulling ours down there.

Handfulz28, What is Houstons and Sands? Might be worth it.

Thanks for the info.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I had the room, I would let you keep it at my house, but no room for a SH, Yes, Hideaway is South Pompano, I would use handfulz place if ya can. Houstons is a steakhouse, and sands is a marina with a bar, if y'all wanna hook up, I am also in the area, and would love to run with ya. Also, there is another free ramp in Delray, north of boca, with good access to Lake Boca(a short idle, and a decent run), and about an hour north(mixed idle, and runnig) to peanut island.

Rick
Old 11-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Rchevelle that would be cool to run with someone a little. I getting to know the roads, not the water down there.
How is the ramp on Palmetto Parkway? I pass that all the time.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Payton
Rchevelle that would be cool to run with someone a little. I getting to know the roads, not the water down there.
How is the ramp on Palmetto Parkway? I pass that all the time.
Decent ramp but very fast current being so close to the bridge. The Deerfield ramp is not a bad alternative but the hood is just on the other side of the tracks. Boca will want to charge you on the weekends, weekdays should be fine. Delray is nice but you will have a 25-35 minute idle/slow speed ride to get back to Boca ramp. Deerfield to Boca ramp is 15 minutes.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Mark we will be staying at the Sands for a few days before we go on our run. It's a fun older hotel with tiki bar right on the ICW just South of the 14th street ramp.That is the one we put in the day we meet you down there.

Quick Reply: Where can I keep my boat for a few weeks near Boca Raton?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.