Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Can A Legit "Trick" survive the competition? >

Can A Legit "Trick" survive the competition?

Notices

Can A Legit "Trick" survive the competition?

Old 12-06-2007, 03:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Long time no post here, but I have spoke to Fred in the past and in my busniess I see a lot of this and then the owner of the company gets trashed on the internet. Just recently I was left holding the bag for 58k from a customer of mine. In our busniess we hold the bag quite often, but usually try to reduce our risk.

The issue is that the consumer wants the parts to be as cheap as possible, and not allow the company to make a profit. The company starts selling close to cost to gain market share, slowly bleeds all of its capitol that was invested in the company with none left for reinvestment. As other companies try to stop the loosing of market share the profit margins get lower and lower. What happens is situations where the last customers of a once good company trying to get a good deal end up holding some sort of a bag weather it be big or smalll. When running the close margins like all of you are asking for, a single order at the number of dollars in the world of offshore boating can kill a company.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Raceangel77
We are not to sure who you are but we have a pretty good idea. In your last post you made some very serious accusations Towards KPM Marine. Here are some facts;

1)KPM marine is not a small company, and sells on a global basis. Yes believe it or not there are boats in the rest of the world not just the usa. After hurricane Katrina we predicted that the US market would go south. We were right and spent our efforts on the rest of the world.

2) KPM specialize in military spec pumps and strainers and customers include the US Navy, coast gaurds , port authorities , etc. We also do fire and bilge pumping systems. Look at our website.

3) KPM have not had returns and we still sell the products in the usa , we just choose not to do it on here. This market is a spec compared to the sail boat market and we get much better margins in the commercial sector. We upgraded a customers pump for him the other month he bought it 4 years ago never had a problem.

4) Last year KPM had $45,000 of bad debt in the USA and this compared to $2000, for the rest of the world . The reason we stopped supplying trick was not due to quality or no sales but bills not being paid. I just dont get american business, you walk around with your rolex watches yet cant pay your bills. (Not everyone just most in this industry sector)

5) Trick marine sold some 800 pumps and a similar number of strainers. We got paid for a large quantity of these , and our customer returns rate was 0.07% which is world class with a response rate of 2.1 days which again puts us in the world class sector. If our Stuff was garbage then this forum would be littered with comments . Well get this it is not. Also we have not dissapeared and the telephone numbers are the same and then there is the web site.

6) We continually get calls for our products , from word of mouth in the USA , which we supply. Most of the rest of world bought from the USA . Well we have news KPM now supply this.

7) Mr lube boy or what ever your tag is , check your facts and do not speculate . You have posted 0.95 posts on average per day for gods sake get a life . You can post what you Like , I just dont care , since it will not affect us . Our products and customer service speak for them selves and the rest of the world and USA market do not read this web site.

Its Not big and its not clever.

With reference to trick marine , I have no ill will towards fred, and he did some good business with KPM. Sometimes you just have to take a gamble. Thats business. If fred set up again we would supply him albeit with different terms.
To all of you that are being two faced shame on you , i hope that it never happens to you.

J Morgan CEO KPM Marine DE.
This is what I would classify as a major corporate fvck-up. Nice going. It's an over-reaction of epic proportions, blown way out of proportion and out of line considering the nature of Gino's post.

What's your company's name?...KPM?...noted.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Raceangel77 is most obviously Fred's daughter, delivering her weekly lashing to the "Spoiled" of OSO.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Define irony.

Many coming to the defense of a well respected OSO member (LubeJobs),.......in a thread about a former OSO member (Too Old) that was also a well respected member.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

"Is" and "was" are the key words here.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Define irony.

Many coming to the defense of a well respected OSO member (LubeJobs),.......in a thread about a former OSO member (Too Old) that was also a well respected member.

LOL....I was thinking the same thing last night when was reading this but I had too much to drink and couldn't form sentences that would have made sense! Thanks for saying that! Thank goodness I'm not well-respected so I will never have anything to worry about in the future!!
Old 12-06-2007, 08:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
LOL....I was thinking the same thing last night when was reading this but I had too much to drink and couldn't form sentences that would have made sense! Thanks for saying that! Thank goodness I'm not well-respected so I will never have anything to worry about in the future!!
you and me both brother, cept I'm taller
Old 12-06-2007, 09:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Define irony.

Big difference... Find just one post that contains anything even slightly negative about Gino.

It's not like there weren't plenty of warnings about Fred.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
........cept I'm taller

LOL.........yeah right!!! Not when laying down!!!
Old 12-07-2007, 06:10 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
LOL.........yeah right!!! Not when laying down!!!
Could have gone all week with out that visual!!! Next time just say not when I am standing on my wallet!!!

Quick Reply: Can A Legit "Trick" survive the competition?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.