that's good to hear
I thought he looked familiar
I'm not as up (pardon the pun) on the Village People as some. Was the sixth guy the construction worker or the Indian?
1)KPM marine is not a small company, and sells on a global basis. Yes believe it or not there are boats in the rest of the world not just the usa. After hurricane Katrina we predicted that the US market would go south. We were right and spent our efforts on the rest of the world.
2) KPM specialize in military spec pumps and strainers and customers include the US Navy, coast gaurds , port authorities , etc. We also do fire and bilge pumping systems. Look at our website.
3) KPM have not had returns and we still sell the products in the usa , we just choose not to do it on here. This market is a spec compared to the sail boat market and we get much better margins in the commercial sector. We upgraded a customers pump for him the other month he bought it 4 years ago never had a problem.
4) Last year KPM had $45,000 of bad debt in the USA and this compared to $2000, for the rest of the world . The reason we stopped supplying trick was not due to quality or no sales but bills not being paid. I just dont get american business, you walk around with your rolex watches yet cant pay your bills. (Not everyone just most in this industry sector)
5) Trick marine sold some 800 pumps and a similar number of strainers. We got paid for a large quantity of these , and our customer returns rate was 0.07% which is world class with a response rate of 2.1 days which again puts us in the world class sector. If our Stuff was garbage then this forum would be littered with comments . Well get this it is not. Also we have not dissapeared and the telephone numbers are the same and then there is the web site.
6) We continually get calls for our products , from word of mouth in the USA , which we supply. Most of the rest of world bought from the USA . Well we have news KPM now supply this.
7) Mr lube boy or what ever your tag is , check your facts and do not speculate . You have posted 0.95 posts on average per day for gods sake get a life . You can post what you Like , I just dont care , since it will not affect us . Our products and customer service speak for them selves and the rest of the world and USA market do not read this web site.
Its Not big and its not clever.
With reference to trick marine , I have no ill will towards fred, and he did some good business with KPM. Sometimes you just have to take a gamble. Thats business. If fred set up again we would supply him albeit with different terms.
To all of you that are being two faced shame on you , i hope that it never happens to you.
J Morgan CEO KPM Marine DE.
Last edited by Semper Fi; 12-05-2007 at 05:40 PM.
I usually stay out of threads like these because I've learned that everyone has a different opinion and assumptions will fly like kites, but I feel some research was due on your part before replying on this thread.
Kudos to you on World Wide sales! I know some markets are tough and I commend anyone that overcomes their challenges.
Gino (Lubejobs) was quoting what an employee said on the Trick thread previously. He is a very active member on OSO with an impeccable reputation, so please tread lightly.
Besides many customers being out thousands of dollars with Trick, they are also stumped on the answer. No one from Trick has logged in and replied to any of the accusations, so they are only left to imagine what happened to their 1k, 5k or even 100k. The only reply anyone has had is from what Gino quoted and it wasn't pretty.
I personally started my business with Trick, but I've had to change distributors because of the recent customer service. I expect someone to always answer the phone, always provide knowledge when asked and always follow up with excellent customer service.
Everyone on this board has experienced one problem or another in their business/life, but how they handle the end result will decide their fate.
So, I would take the time to read the Trick posts and really decide on how you want your company represented.
Again, Fred has been a great guy and I wish him and his family no ill will and we will keep them in our prayers, but I still do believe that an explanation is in order.
Last edited by marineclean; 12-05-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Well that leaves KPM out of my list of marine suppliers i will ever do business with. Sr. you are not the only game in town. One ? i went back and read every post on this thread including Gino's so i have to ask just where were these so called accusations about KPM
Last edited by mikes280; 12-05-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Alum Metal Fab
Custom Marine Sales
Dave's Custom Boats
Diamond Performance Parts
Double R Performance
Elton Porter Insurance
Fastboats Marine Group
GGB Exhaust Technologies
Grand Sports Center
Ilmor High Performance Marine
Lake Cumberland Marine
Lake Havasu Boat Show
Marine Technology Inc
McLeod Design Group
Performance Boat Center
Performance Marine Trading
Potter Performance Engines
Ron Sporl Performance
Speed and Custom Marine
Total Dollar Insurance
Teague Custom Marine
Wake Zone Marine Insurance
Young Performance Marine