Notices

Centert Console

Old 12-03-2007, 02:42 AM
Registered

Location: Ocean Pines, Maryland. Wish I was at MANGOS in MIAMI!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xconn92
How is it that Maryland Mark hasn't chimed in yet? Somebody better check on him...he could be under something heavy
I was thinkin exactly the same....MARK WHERE ARE YOU!!!???
Old 12-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

lamination process changed at glasstream in January 2005. No issue with anything after that. My 2006 was perfect in every way. The people that had issue also got a new boat vs a patch or quick fix.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TBF,
What are the features/characteristics of your "short-list" boats that steered you towards them?
Hugh
Old 12-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glasstream vs. concept

Thanks Bro w/the info. I had my mind made up on a concept and someone mentioned a glasstream to me. It is a very difficult decision. i don't want to buy one, then second guess that i should of bought the other. And yes, I am 6'11".
Old 12-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Few random thoughts if I were comparing these boats:

LOA- Concept 326 is a 30' hull with a 2' bracket, Glasstream 328 is a 32 hull and Concept 36 is a 33' hull with a 3' bracket. Some like the molded in motor mount/bracket (all one unit, stronger, less vibration, etc) where others like the b-bracket (looks better IMHO w/paint, fuctional boarding area, better IMHO for fishing or peeing between motors, puts more room between rear seat and motors making for better passenger ride IMHO, etc)

Beam- Concept 326 and 36 have an 8' beam vs the GS 8'11". Wider beam is going to be a better ride and more stable in the water. Towing may be an issue- In MD the law is 8', most states max towing beam is 8'6". It is not a matter if your truck can tow it or not, it is a matter of if you get in an accident, even if not your fault, your insurance company will not cover it. I keep my boat on a lift but wanted a trailerable boat without any special signs, permits or fees. I am not sure what it would take to tow a 8'11" boat legally but some thing to think about.

Fuel- Concept (326/36) is 212/225 (326/36) vs GS 218.

Gunnel/freeboard- Concept (326/36) gunnel is 32/33 vs GS 31. I like a higher gunnels but 1' not huge. As long as the combing is above my knee it is ok for me. This also brings up freeboard (waterline to upper deck edge)- higher freeboard boat will grab more wind more and give you a dry ride, lower freeboard will give you a faster boat.

Weight- Concept (326/36) is 4400/5300 vs Glasstream 5300. All good weights for the LOA and beams.

Fit and finish- Concept does a very good job; have only been on one older Glasstream and every thing worked, just was not done as pretty as Concept- could be better these days so can't judge.

Concept life time hull warranty for original owner with a 10 year transferrable, GS is 10 years.

GS cabin seems more funcational than Concepts. You can get all kinds of ammenties in either, however looks like GS has more headroom and a better head.

GS stepped hull. I like conventional V's, however the steps will get you more speed with less power as well as need a bit more skill in driving. Stepped hulls are just as safe as conventional V's provided you know how to drive them- that is a whole 'nother can of worms all together...

Yes- there are about 2042 other things I have touched on yet but time for lunch and a mid-day nap so have to run...

Thank you for the review well done
Old 12-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

My GS weighed 8100 lbs rigged! 5300lbs is dry with no motors and arch and stuff...The GS handles like a V. There are handling issues that are synonymous with stepped bottom boat.

Another reason I went with the GS over the Concept, like my Active Thunders, they are excelled rough water boats for whatever reason. You will never get wet and they land fairly soft for a CC. It has a lot to do with the bottom, length, and width from what I have been told.

Concept does have better bling factor. They are big on after market parts where Glasstream makes 90% of all hardware in house. They claim that this is the reason that they are more competitive in the market on prices . They also claim they have better control over warranty work, R&D, and quality versus assembling parts from other manufactures.

Who knows!

Last edited by crb76; 12-03-2007 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CARRERA Sport Fish.........
Old 12-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thebigfella
Thanks Bro w/the info. I had my mind made up on a concept and someone mentioned a glasstream to me. It is a very difficult decision. i don't want to buy one, then second guess that i should of bought the other. And yes, I am 6'11".
I am 6'5" and had issues with leg room and fitting behind the helm of my 36 Concept. I am sure Concept could fix this issue for you but something to be aware of...it's a tight fit also in the race style bolsters and my hips did not fit well. I did not try on the bolsters before I bought and that was a big mistake on my part and my dealer never thought to look into this either.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you given any consideration to the 35' Latitude?

Latiude is a custom boat that your imagination is the only limitation. Options, colors, and power can all be tailored to your desires. The hull construction and gel coat are second to none. Orlando the owner of Latitude has built hulls for Apache and Midnight Express to name a few. Latitudes rigging is completed by the same riggers used by Midnight Express. Do not make a decision without checking out Latitude...

Below is the link to Latitude's Website.

http://www.latitudepowerboats.com

ALLSTAR Marine is the Exclusive Maryland Dealer for Latitude Powerboats and currently has a 35' SS Latitude in stock for immediate delivery and if this particular boat does not satisfy your craving please give us an opportunity to build a custom Latitude for you. Below is a link to our webiste which includes photos of the Latiude:

www.allstarmarineonline.com
Old 12-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by allstarmarine
Have you given any consideration to the 35' Latitude?

Latiude is a custom boat that your imagination is the only limitation. Options, colors, and power can all be tailored to your desires. The hull construction and gel coat are second to none. Orlando the owner of Latitude has built hulls for Apache and Midnight Express to name a few. Latitudes rigging is completed by the same riggers used by Midnight Express. Do not make a decision without checking out Latitude...

Below is the link to Latitude's Website.

http://www.latitudepowerboats.com

ALLSTAR Marine is the Exclusive Maryland Dealer for Latitude Powerboats and currently has a 35' SS Latitude in stock for immediate delivery and if this particular boat does not satisfy your craving please give us an opportunity to build a custom Latitude for you. Below is a link to our webiste which includes photos of the Latiude:

www.allstarmarineonline.com

Here on OSO is THE ONLY place I have ever heard of Latitude. What is going on with this boat? Nobody I know in the boat biz has heard of Latitude. Please educate us/me.

Quick Reply: Centert Console

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.