Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New marine diesel engine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/174617-new-marine-diesel-engine.html)

Raylar 07-09-2009 12:12 PM

Please post the dimensions and exact weight for this new diesel as well as the horspower and torque curves so we performance boaters can evaluate its potential uses.
It would also be nice to have an approximate price in lets say a 500-600HP range. If its going to be a success, you've got to start with some specs and prices so repowers and builders can work it into their plans.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Jassman 07-09-2009 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Raylar (Post 2906526)
Please post the dimensions and exact weight for this new diesel as well as the horspower and torque curves so we performance boaters can evaluate its potential uses.
It would also be nice to have an approximate price in lets say a 500-600HP range. If its going to be a success, you've got to start with some specs and prices so repowers and builders can work it into their plans.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Ray..weight is on prev. post..appr.1500 lbs with fluids ready to run..HP is at 650@3000 rpms..and the rest of the info can be found here..
www.buckdiesel.com

timbillyosu 07-09-2009 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2906566)
Ray..weight is on prev. post..appr.1500 lbs with fluids ready to run..HP is at 650@3000 rpms..and the rest of the info can be found here..
www.buckdiesel.com

Thanks Jassman.

I also need to point out that these engines are not yet commercially available. We are still working to secure funding to go into full-scale production.

We have the potential to revolutionize the marine diesel industry and create about 200 American jobs, but we can't seem to find the capital to move forward.

mikebrls 07-09-2009 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by timbillyosu (Post 2906615)
Thanks Jassman.

I also need to point out that these engines are not yet commercially available. We are still working to secure funding to go into full-scale production.

We have the potential to revolutionize the marine diesel industry and create about 200 American jobs, but we can't seem to find the capital to move forward.

SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED AN INVESTER .
START A THREAD ,YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS ON THE BOARD . THERE ARE SOME VERY WEALTHY PEEP'S ON THIS SITE THAT MITE WANT TO INVEST .

Jassman 07-09-2009 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by timbillyosu (Post 2906615)
Thanks Jassman.

No problem..here's a thought..get a few of your motors in some boats..dial them in and let these guys attend a few poker runs..Diesels have there place in this market..I had 2 yanmar's in a 43 Nortech..liked everything about the boat and motors..except the top end number..now with 650hp vs the 480 that I had..the top end number would have been better. The problem will be getting the name out there..vs the Yanmar or Cummins which have proven themselves..but hey..they had to start from somewhere as well..I wish you guys good luck..and hopefully being the first to get your product to the table..Jeff

Rik 07-09-2009 06:26 PM

1,138 lbs of torque at 3K rpm. That is not bad. The Cummins QSB11 has 1,050 lbs of torque so this is a good start.

Catmando 07-09-2009 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2906728)
No problem..here's a thought..get a few of your motors in some boats..dial them in and let these guys attend a few poker runs..Diesels have there place in this market..I had 2 yanmar's in a 43 Nortech..liked everything about the boat and motors..except the top end number..now with 650hp vs the 480 that I had..the top end number would have been better. The problem will be getting the name out there..vs the Yanmar or Cummins which have proven themselves..but hey..they had to start from somewhere as well..I wish you guys good luck..and hopefully being the first to get your product to the table..Jeff

Good advice as always. :)

Catmando 07-09-2009 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by mikebrls (Post 2906723)
START A THREAD ,YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS ON THE BOARD . THERE ARE SOME VERY WEALTHY PEEP'S ON THIS SITE THAT MITE WANT TO INVEST .

This^^^^

timbillyosu 07-10-2009 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2906728)

That is definitely something that we are looking to do. Unfortunately, as I said, we need capital to do so. We are planning right now on having about 25 test boats. Just let a few people take these things out and hammer on them for a while and see what happens. :)

Originally Posted by mikebrls (Post 2906723)

That's not a bad idea... I think I'll give that a try :)

Wildman_grafix 07-10-2009 10:48 AM

Wish I had the type of boat to put them in, I have time and don't mind beating on stuff I don't have to fix.:evilb: