Notices

New marine diesel engine

Old 07-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

Please post the dimensions and exact weight for this new diesel as well as the horspower and torque curves so we performance boaters can evaluate its potential uses.
It would also be nice to have an approximate price in lets say a 500-600HP range. If its going to be a success, you've got to start with some specs and prices so repowers and builders can work it into their plans.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 07-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
Please post the dimensions and exact weight for this new diesel as well as the horspower and torque curves so we performance boaters can evaluate its potential uses.
It would also be nice to have an approximate price in lets say a 500-600HP range. If its going to be a success, you've got to start with some specs and prices so repowers and builders can work it into their plans.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Ray..weight is on prev. post..appr.1500 lbs with fluids ready to run..HP is at 650@3000 rpms..and the rest of the info can be found here..
www.buckdiesel.com
Old 07-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
Ray..weight is on prev. post..appr.1500 lbs with fluids ready to run..HP is at 650@3000 rpms..and the rest of the info can be found here..
www.buckdiesel.com
Thanks Jassman.

I also need to point out that these engines are not yet commercially available. We are still working to secure funding to go into full-scale production.

We have the potential to revolutionize the marine diesel industry and create about 200 American jobs, but we can't seem to find the capital to move forward.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by timbillyosu
Thanks Jassman.

I also need to point out that these engines are not yet commercially available. We are still working to secure funding to go into full-scale production.

We have the potential to revolutionize the marine diesel industry and create about 200 American jobs, but we can't seem to find the capital to move forward.
SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED AN INVESTER .
START A THREAD ,YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS ON THE BOARD . THERE ARE SOME VERY WEALTHY PEEP'S ON THIS SITE THAT MITE WANT TO INVEST .
Old 07-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by timbillyosu
Thanks Jassman.

No problem..here's a thought..get a few of your motors in some boats..dial them in and let these guys attend a few poker runs..Diesels have there place in this market..I had 2 yanmar's in a 43 Nortech..liked everything about the boat and motors..except the top end number..now with 650hp vs the 480 that I had..the top end number would have been better. The problem will be getting the name out there..vs the Yanmar or Cummins which have proven themselves..but hey..they had to start from somewhere as well..I wish you guys good luck..and hopefully being the first to get your product to the table..Jeff
Old 07-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

1,138 lbs of torque at 3K rpm. That is not bad. The Cummins QSB11 has 1,050 lbs of torque so this is a good start.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem..here's a thought..get a few of your motors in some boats..dial them in and let these guys attend a few poker runs..Diesels have there place in this market..I had 2 yanmar's in a 43 Nortech..liked everything about the boat and motors..except the top end number..now with 650hp vs the 480 that I had..the top end number would have been better. The problem will be getting the name out there..vs the Yanmar or Cummins which have proven themselves..but hey..they had to start from somewhere as well..I wish you guys good luck..and hopefully being the first to get your product to the table..Jeff
Good advice as always.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikebrls
START A THREAD ,YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS ON THE BOARD . THERE ARE SOME VERY WEALTHY PEEP'S ON THIS SITE THAT MITE WANT TO INVEST .
This^^^^
Old 07-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is definitely something that we are looking to do. Unfortunately, as I said, we need capital to do so. We are planning right now on having about 25 test boats. Just let a few people take these things out and hammer on them for a while and see what happens.

Originally Posted by mikebrls
That's not a bad idea... I think I'll give that a try
Old 07-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Wish I had the type of boat to put them in, I have time and don't mind beating on stuff I don't have to fix.

Quick Reply: New marine diesel engine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.