Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   JP's Point LOTO Questions? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/174725-jps-point-loto-questions.html)

Knot 4 Me 12-06-2007 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by IDRPSTF (Post 2361610)
Thank you all for the input. I agree that the image change is the only way to go. The property has alot to draw from, 2 dining rooms, 3 bars, fuel dock, large open lot up top to sell boats. I think it could be a great boaters destination if improved. Ijust wanted to hear what improvement you all would suggest. Thank you all again for your input!

I think it has potential with some updating and most importantly, a breakwall for the docks.

the bear 12-06-2007 12:18 PM

Location is good also, its only 3 miles approx off the main channel so it would be a good stop on a poker run and also all the people who venture up to Ha Ha Tonka would could stop and try it out!

tlark 12-07-2007 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by baywatch (Post 2361686)
For example: If ozark BBQ had a shore break and better docks I would go there often. They have great food and view. We only go there if it is during the week because one cruiser goes by your boat is practically up on the dock.

Ditto on Ozark BBQ, lots of boaters drive-by that place b/c of the rough water.

Is this place near the Hwy 5 Bridge, I seem to remember seeing this place on the way to the caves but can't remember for sure. If it is close to Hwy 5, you will draw not only boat but people from the west side of the lake. People like me that live on 6mm (west side) will take the drive to a good restraunt especially if its on the water. You have a good demographic to pull from if its done right.

fountain4play 12-07-2007 07:19 PM

Can't say I've ever heard of it, what MM is it close too? We're always looking for new places to try out...

Blow-N-Thunder 12-09-2007 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by IDRPSTF (Post 2361610)
Thank you all for the input. I agree that the image change is the only way to go. The property has alot to draw from, 2 dining rooms, 3 bars, fuel dock, large open lot up top to sell boats. I think it could be a great boaters destination if improved. Ijust wanted to hear what improvement you all would suggest. Thank you all again for your input!

I have been there multiple times and met the owners. I personally know two investers who have tried to purchase the property and thought it was a done deal until the male half of the owner began naking demands and wanting to raise the price. They also own a rest. in the South St. Louis county area.

As far as food it has a great repuitation for Sunday breakfast buffet. It is our well kept secret. The female owner is a very good pastry chef and they have all the tools but I think it is full of potential.

I know if you are truley interested in purchase the small resort next to it will sell also and that will give you the protection form the channel for parking. Other wise the first investment has to be wave breaks. Because parking is always a event during the day. For other examples that were mentioned Ozark Bar-B-Que, PAradise are perfect examples of nice places that need wave protection.

As far as potential the Condo market is just now taking off in this area. There are four 200 unti complex under const. now.

Send me a PM and I will give you more info on the little things that do not have a spot on the forum.

Blow-N-Thunder 12-09-2007 11:08 AM

To help people remember the place.......It was the original location of "Captains Galley"

mpally 12-09-2007 04:58 PM

What is the name of the South St. Louis restaurant they own?

IDRPSTF 12-10-2007 02:18 PM

You can reach me at 928-846-1100 to fill in the blanks. the last name before JP's was the Wharf. Thank you all again for the input.

Blow-N-Thunder 12-15-2007 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by mpally (Post 2365311)
What is the name of the South St. Louis restaurant they own?

JP's Corner

Blow-N-Thunder 12-15-2007 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by IDRPSTF (Post 2366401)
You can reach me at 928-846-1100 to fill in the blanks. the last name before JP's was the Wharf. Thank you all again for the input.

I left you a message.