Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   JP's Point LOTO Questions? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/174725-jps-point-loto-questions.html)

IDRPSTF 12-05-2007 03:21 PM

JP's Point LOTO Questions?

Can anyone give me information on this property? Have you been? Fueled up? Food? Bar? Nightlife etc.?

Thank you

baywatch 12-05-2007 04:41 PM

I boat at LOTO At least Two weekends a month during the summer and I had to look at a map to even see where it is at. So it obviously isn't on my radar. It appears to be at the 2 1/2 of the niangua right next to the bridge.

In that part of the lake you are competing with Bulldogs, fish Company, and Captain Rons on the restaurant/bar scene. For me I always gravitate towards someplace with quieter water so my boat isn't getting thrashed into the docks while I am eating or partying ( I would think that a wave break wouldn't be a bad idea).

We go up that direction quite a bit but the only time we go up the niangua is if we are going to HA HA TONKA state Park. The rest of the time we'll head up to big dicks if we are looking for a longer ride.

Hopefully someone else will have some first hand experience but I can say that I probably drove past it 12 times this year and didn't even notice it ( and I drive pretty slow 40-50 mph most of the time).

I persume it is on the market?

omerta one 12-05-2007 05:07 PM

I've been boating on the Lake for a long time and had never heard of JP's Point...looked it up and now I know where it is, and have been by there but have never stopped. That;s probably a good thing if you're looking to buy and create a new identity. It has easy access by water and car so that's a positive; but as previously mentioned there is a lot of competition in that area; in addition to those mentioned there is also Captains Galley and Angels.

ctadams21 12-05-2007 09:26 PM

We stopped to eat there last summer and it was o.k. It looks a bit dated outside and in. Has a good size outdoor seating area overlooking the lake. It would probably need some big slips to draw more people.

Knot 4 Me 12-06-2007 07:40 AM

I ate there once a couple of years ago. Complete dump and the food sucked. Haven't been back other than sitting out in front of it last July waiting for some other boats in my Ha Ha Tonka run party to fuel up there.

baywatch 12-06-2007 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 2360755)
I've been boating on the Lake for a long time and had never heard of JP's Point...looked it up and now I know where it is, and have been by there but have never stopped. That;s probably a good thing if you're looking to buy and create a new identity. It has easy access by water and car so that's a positive; but as previously mentioned there is a lot of competition in that area; in addition to those mentioned there is also Captains Galley and Angels.

The new Identity would be key. The lake is very interesting in that If you are "the hot spot" you are busy as hell and if not you have virtually zero business. Shooters is prime example: Shooters used to be the "Hot Spot" and then it wasn't. I realize shooters became a bit of a dump and had crappy docks but they were still busy as hell and you could hardly walk around on a Saturday night. Once they got the new docks the place was dead and the younger sect started hitting Toad Cove on Saturday nights.

People at the lake gravitate to the "it spot" and that usually also correlates to a specific evening of the week for that spot.

BrettM 12-06-2007 08:30 AM

My folks used to live down that arm. I stopped and ate there once, as mentioned above, it was not great! Docks are kind of in the rough stuff!

the bear 12-06-2007 09:12 AM

We are between their and Ha Ha Tonka, I have fueled there but never ate, I do know a few people who ate there this past summer and really liked it. I think they get most of their business from the house boats that are rented out right next to it.

IDRPSTF 12-06-2007 09:19 AM

Thank you all for the input. I agree that the image change is the only way to go. The property has alot to draw from, 2 dining rooms, 3 bars, fuel dock, large open lot up top to sell boats. I think it could be a great boaters destination if improved. Ijust wanted to hear what improvement you all would suggest. Thank you all again for your input!

baywatch 12-06-2007 10:22 AM

I would certainly stop by and give it a shot. If i like it I would be back every weekend. I think a shore break would be key (I really like Backwaters, Frankie and Louies and Captn Rons because I can have a good time and not worry about my boat bouncing into the docks due to no wake action).

For example: If ozark BBQ had a shore break and better docks I would go there often. They have great food and view. We only go there if it is during the week because one cruiser goes by your boat is practically up on the dock.

The fact that most people aren't familiar with this place could really work to your advantage because they don't have any pre-concieved notions and their first experience could be a positve one.

Good Luck!