Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Buying a 1999 Donzi 26 ZX WOW! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/174810-buying-1999-donzi-26-zx-wow.html)

Shanghied Again 12-07-2007 11:11 AM

My freind had one with the 454Mag she will run between 58-60 mph. I had a 502 in my 2001 26 ZX and she ran 65mph tops.. I sometimes would squeeze 67mph but that was rare, the bottom paint will slow you down about 2mph so I would find away to get it off without damaging the bottom. Yes the 26 ZX is a good running rough water boat for her size sometimes a little boaring if the water has no chop: But I am a speed freak anyway. Hey I had a 22ZX that ran 85MPH so going to 65MPH was hard for me until last year when I pulled the engine and drive out and had a 500/Merc built to 640HP and put on a Imco Extreme drive went from a 24Pitch prop to a 30Pitch.. My top speed is now 78GPS with no fuel and just me running I will get 81, the nice thing about pre- 2003 the 26ZX did not have a pad so the boat has no chine walk. The 26 ZX did so well that Donzi re-made the 28ZX in 2001 on the 26 Platform. Good luck with your purchase she is a great running boat.

mattd7 12-07-2007 03:18 PM

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!! I cant wait for summer the only thing I need to replace on the boat is the manifolds Im going to upgrade them anyways anyone have any recommendations ? Also the Donzi s seem to have a muffler on the tailpipes are these mufflers?? can they be removed? and if they are mufflers do they cut alot of the sound?? Thanks again
Matt

Shanghied Again 12-08-2007 08:30 AM

I use Stainless Marine Exhaust and Corsa does make exhaust tips that take the place of the Muffler type, they look and are the same size but without the plates inside, just make sure were you boat they don't have a noice regulation and check your exhaust, in NJ they do a muffler check by using a broom stick handle if the handle goes in and dosen't stop you get a ticket.

ZXXX Donzi 12-08-2007 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Shanghied Again (Post 2364018)
I use Stainless Marine Exhaust and Corsa does make exhaust tips that take the place of the Muffler type, they look and are the same size but without the plates inside, just make sure were you boat they don't have a noice regulation and check your exhaust, in NJ they do a muffler check by using a broom stick handle if the handle goes in and dosen't stop you get a ticket.

Hey Frank, have you every heard of someone putting real big power in one of these? If so, what was the result?

tblrklakemo 12-08-2007 10:34 AM

Congrats...nice boat. I tried to find one also. Seems they are in short supply on the pre owned market. Ended up with a beak.

LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS 12-09-2007 12:59 AM

Congrats.. You will love it.. They are an awesome ride.. :) I know we like ours.. :) Jamie / Lakeside