Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2007-11-27, 6:53AM EST

1983 38' Cigarette Boat and Trailer
Twin 454 gas engines
Interior in Excellant condition
Being brought down from Lake Michigan next week from my grandfathers
Will send pics then if your interested
Call me 301-466-6145

This was on Craig's list in Western MD. I talked with owner and he claims the boat runs. He doesn't know much about it. It was given to him and he can not keep it. I was going to look at it when it arrives in MD but just do not have the time for it. It should be a 38' flat deck. Try the e-mail, he got back to me rather quickly.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We just took in trade a 90 TG 572/725 Hawk motors SSMIII drives, Latham steering etc. This is a Kevlar boat. The block is rotted on one motor (the other is probably right behind). Give us a call and we could discuss if you are interested. Thanks Chris. 860-388-6000.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you send detail pictures (engine,cabin...
Old 12-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Registered

can you send detail pictures (engine,cabin.......
Old 12-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 2,972 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by Zudnic
You made me look at Cigs in the classifieds. In Vegas? From pictures and looking on an off for awhile. For that money does sound like he's giving her away.

Erol, from the description don't think you'll find one with recent re power, looks above average in condition, etc in that price range in Guns. I've never met Tank, but have seen his posts and have a pretty good idea he knows Cigs. So when he writes: "Thing is really nice". It must be! Regardless I'm heading to Vegas this week. You might be lucky that my budget until spring is $25K, but maybe not! I'm good at rearranging.................... You might want to look at that one!

Zudnic, thanks for the vote of confidence....I've seen Robert out on the water in Havasu and know personally some of the work that he's done to that boat (swim step, new motors, cleaned it up nice). When I was looking for a boat 3 or so years ago Roberts boat was for sale out of Texoma (the guy Robert bought it from). I haven't seen this cig since havasu a year and a half ago but I know Robert has run into some real azzholes while dealing with upgrading or repairing his boat and has gotten the short end of the stick a couple of times. Never the less. with reliable 650's, TRS drives and a boat that is clean for it's age I think 70k is giving it away. But maybe I'm just bias since I own a 95!

erol, let me give you some advise if you wish to take it....

At 60k you are most likely going to get into a boat that is going to need some cash dumped into it. Obviously if your max $$ is 60k you dont have the rest of the cash to fix it when the inevitable happens (i.e. blow a motor (or 2), blow a drive, need to get the thing completely buffed out, replace nick-nacks, etc)

It's just like I've always said: The guys that can afford a 60k boat and then put the 40-100k into it to make it a sweet ride just go buy new turn key boats. The guys that appreciate and would kill for the older boats and see such potential in them an could make the nut of a cheaper boat...can't afford the upkeep and re-fit it's going to need. Look at Apaches, same theory.

Rule of thumb that usually rings true....Less money up front means more money down the road / More money up front means less money down the road.

My recomendation is save a little more money and buy something that is going to be VERY nice and someone wants to "fire sale".

My other suggestion would be to look at late 80's Cafes that someone has re-done or even a Mistress that someone has re-done. You can get these models in your price range or bellow for a nice boat. either way, leak the motors down and get a good survey and sea trial to start with as well.

Shopping is half the fun. I looked for 2 years before I bought our boat from Phil. Good luck bro!

Last edited by thisistank; 12-10-2007 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank

Zudnic, thanks for the vote of confidence....I've seen Robert out on the water in Havasu and know personally some of the work that he's done to that boat (swim step, new motors, cleaned it up nice). When I was looking for a boat 3 or so years ago Roberts boat was for sale out of Texoma (the guy Robert bought it from). I haven't seen this cig since havasu a year and a half ago but I know Robert has run into some real azzholes while dealing with upgrading or repairing his boat and has gotten the short end of the stick a couple of times. Never the less. with reliable 650's, TRS drives and a boat that is clean for it's age I think 70k is giving it away. But maybe I'm just bias since I own a 95!

erol, let me give you some advise if you wish to take it....

At 60k you are most likely going to get into a boat that is going to need some cash dumped into it. Obviously if your max $$ is 60k you dont have the rest of the cash to fix it when the inevitable happens (i.e. blow a motor (or 2), blow a drive, need to get the thing completely buffed out, replace nick-nacks, etc)

It's just like I've always said: The guys that can afford a 60k boat and then put the 40-100k into it to make it a sweet ride just go buy new turn key boats. The guys that appreciate and would kill for the older boats and see such potential in them an could make the nut of a cheaper boat...can't afford the upkeep and re-fit it's going to need. Look at Apaches, same theory.

Rule of thumb that usually rings true....Less money up front means more money down the road / More money up front means less money down the road.

My recomendation is save a little more money and buy something that is going to be VERY nice and someone wants to "fire sale".

My other suggestion would be to look at late 80's Cafes that someone has re-done or even a Mistress that someone has re-done. You can get these models in your price range or bellow for a nice boat. either way, leak the motors down and get a good survey and sea trial to start with as well.

Shopping is half the fun. I looked for 2 years before I bought our boat from Phil. Good luck bro!
thanks for your advise
I am boat builder and racer here in İstanbul so for me to fix a boat,buy an engine or anything related to sea compare to U.S.A is very cheap.Check out my web www.leomarine.com
I already have 92 top gun with 454-600hp-trs drives.I will sell my boat to a friend of mine this week for 70k.(I paid 50k last year)I want to buy not one 38,I need two or three.One of them I wıll use ıt for my self (wıll put 800hp,asd6 arnesons)the other ones are for selling.Thats why I am looking for that price range.Condition I dont care I can fix it.It can be fired,salvaged or ......

thanks for your help
Old 12-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Registered

35 Cigarette no;engine,drive,interior
a pair blackhawks and gold arnesons asd6's for sale
anybody interested
check out www.leomarine.com
Old 12-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by erol
35 Cigarette no;engine,drive,interior
a pair blackhawks and gold arnesons asd6's for sale
anybody interested
check out www.leomarine.com
tell us about the silver bullet

Old 12-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by sonic700
I have a 1986 38 Flat deck with 600's 3A's for 56,000
Also, this Flat Deck is on a 05, 18,000# Manning trailer that has never seen salt.

Quick Reply: Anybody has or knows Cigarette 38 for sale max.50

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.