Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Better Image (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/174954-better-image.html)

Jassman 12-10-2007 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by dkwestern (Post 2365945)
Couldn't believe when I read it, they own a Cigarette, Donzi, Outerlimits, and an MTI. That takes care of which boat to own!!!

Now, all they would need to do to round out their boating portfolio.. is get a Nortech. The suns out, I've got my speedo on, hair slicked back, sweat drippin off my body, just came back from the gym to make my love handles look better and sportin a bit of a chubby, you think that will get her to buy one.:rolleyes::grinser010:

Knot 4 Me 12-10-2007 10:40 AM

Notice that the Shogren ads in PB have also been toned down (no more hot blonde rubbing sand on her tatters)? If she doesn't like the ads skip past them. My 14 year-old doesn't think they are interesting enought to haul up to his room. He uses the Victoria Secret catalog for that!! :D

Knot 4 Me 12-10-2007 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2366018)
Now, all they would need to do to round out their boating portfolio.. is get a Nortech. The suns out, I've got my speedo on, hair slicked back, sweat drippin off my body, just came back from the gym to make my love handles look better and sportin a bit of a chubby, you think that will get her to buy one.:rolleyes::grinser010:

Not sure about her but you are making me hot, Big Boy!!! I'm heading South now for some!! :angry-smiley-038:

Lofty 12-10-2007 11:14 AM

The ads sure don't bother me but I've heard her complaint many times over. It's best not to offend conservatives, specially when they're part of your customer base.

DonziChick 12-10-2007 11:46 AM

The ads don't offend me but there are ways to advertise with sexy women without putting a naked girl on the boat. Look at the ad posted above with the women's mouth and the boat. In my opinion, inuendo often works better than blatent sex.

When I was at the Miami boat show last year, I couldn't figure out if they were selling boats or women :eek:

Queenie 12-10-2007 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by DonziChick (Post 2366194)
The ads don't offend me but there are ways to advertise with sexy women without putting a naked girl on the boat. Look at the ad posted above with the women's mouth and the boat. In my opinion, inuendo often works better than blatent sex.

When I was at the Miami boat show last year, I couldn't figure out if they were selling boats or women :eek:

I'm sure if it were pics of men with awesome bods many of the comments would not be positive here. While the few women who chimed in said they are not offended, I don't think you see any of us jumping up and down for joy at the ads either. For me as a woman, the ads takes away from the product and what they're selling. The sex selling part is what gets your attention, but if you read a magazine you enjoy, you don't need sex to sell boats.

As a woman, the ads don't offend me either, I know sex sells. Personally I don't like Hot Boat but it's because I'd rather see the boats and not some ugly chick spread across a bow I'd like to see (come on, you guys can't say those chicks in Hot Boat are attractive.....some yes, many, no! :rolleyes:).

My 18yo son loves the ads.....

1CE 12-10-2007 11:31 PM

looks good

Originally Posted by throttleup (Post 2365906)
Only if she looks good!:D

and if she does't she will prob.have to Work even a little Harder.:rolleyes:

Back4More 12-11-2007 12:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
May I add to the healthy red blooded american Image of Cigarette...

Back4More 12-11-2007 12:32 AM

3 Attachment(s)
A few more...

1CE 12-11-2007 12:46 AM

now let's not over-do-it their not in the ads, but every-1 sure could-B :p