Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lollipops in Daytona has to pay millions... >

Lollipops in Daytona has to pay millions...

Notices

Lollipops in Daytona has to pay millions...

Old 12-10-2007, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
I hope Mike posts pictures of before , during and after his accident. He didn't get rich after his accident but he deserved something to make his life easier after the terrible accident he was in. Those of you that have not gone through what he did have no idea.
no one is arguing Mike went through alot. Seeing pictures wont change my opinion
I drove wrecker back when i was young and I have seen plenty I dont want to see again. This does not change my opinion

but these days everytime something happens someone else wants to be paid for it

I had an accident when i was 18 I pulled out in front of someone (Couldnt see past a snow bank) It was my fault and we both got hurt

My Insurance paid for my stuff and the guy that I pulled out in front of had his insurance pay for his repairs and medical (No Fault State) I got a ticket from the police End of story

Today i would be sued till i bled my last penny

I didnt mean to hurt him (or myself for that matter)

certianly nothing like Mikes situation but you get my point

Where does it stop?

As most know we have been involved in a lawsuit over the death of two people at our poker run 2 years ago The family wants Many Many Many Millions of dollars from the driver and throttle man, as a result the driver and throttle man sued us for not keeping them from being sued

It never stops just keep looking for a lottery and guarantees

There are no guarantees in life
Jail is were people should go if they screw up

Insurance should be there to pay for the actual damage and rehab. Suing for a large sum of money demeans the point

Again this is just my opinion And i have no problem discussing this as long as it doesn't get nasty

Good points of view are always welcome and Mike has the best seat on the bench from where to speak. but I do not need to loose a leg to have the right to my opinion, nor to share it. Because i havent lost a limb or been disabled does not make me right or wrong

I wish the best for you Mike
Old 12-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BoatMe, I think this is one of those internet board things that will take many posts to figure out what we could have figured out together between our first and second beer ....

Quote - I had an accident when i was 18 I pulled out in front of someone (Couldnt see past a snow bank) It was my fault and we both got hurt.
My Insurance paid for my stuff and the guy that I pulled out in front of had his insurance pay for his repairs and medical (No Fault State) I got a ticket from the police End of story end of Quote.

That's how it should be handled, but what happens if the person you hit didn't have enough insurance to cover his medical bills, he needs to sue to protect himself right, not set up his children's children for life, but take care of his day to day expenses...

Last edited by bluellama; 12-10-2007 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=bluellama;2366360]BoatMe, I think this is one of those internet board things that will take many posts to figure out what we could have figured out together between our first and second beer .... QUOTE]

I am not a big drinker (I have one once in a while)

But i would rather have MILK LOL
Can you live with that ?????
Old 12-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=boatme;2366370]
Originally Posted by bluellama
BoatMe, I think this is one of those internet board things that will take many posts to figure out what we could have figured out together between our first and second beer .... QUOTE]

Which leg did you loose?
Old 12-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Registered

Because i have never been shot in the head does not mean i can not have a veiw point on how it would effect my life

as I said Mike has the best seat to speak from but he dosent have the only seat
Old 12-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Banned

Brett I meant eating the dancers you homo
Old 12-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dhlaw
Sorry for such a long delay... It has been a rough weekend. I still am in shock after the verdict. The facts were so far in our favor that it is inconceivable to have lost.

The deal is this:
The young girl was never a dancer at the club, her friend was. The driver had been in town for 2 days and even after the accident told the officer she was unemployed, which he wrote on the police report. Our witnesses testified that we searched employment records and not a trace of her.

More importantly is that the law required her to be intoxicated at the time of the accident. She was initially charged with leaving the scene and fleeing and elluding because the officer that caught her administered field sobriety test, twice. He testified that she DID NOT have any indications of impairment, not even a smell of liquor... NOTHING. The only testimony about intoxication was hers 5 years and 2 months after the accident for the first time. She had been to court and plead to the criminal charges and told the judge on the record "I was not drinking and alchohol was not involved". It wasnt until this past May that she changed her story after being offered to be dismissed from the suit. The day after her depo she was dropped. Bought testimony.

The jury absolutely ignored the jury instructions, ignored the facts and hammered the club, period. They even had the nerve to glare at us as they left the court room and walk over to the plaintiff and shake his hand congratulating him and saying good luck. It was like he just hit the lottery.

Things like this make you question the integrity of the process.
So she has commited perjury on top of causing the accident, but none of that matters because she doesn't have deep pockets.

She goes free by someone conveincing her to make up a story thereby creating the trail towards the money.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Playn
She goes free by someone conveincing her to make up a story thereby creating the trail towards the money.

And 12 idiots believed her.

That's the biggest flaw with our system today. Look around, I have a hard time pointing out many 'peers' amongst the general population.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

hopefully , the appeals process will do it's job!
Old 12-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=boatme;2366370]
Originally Posted by bluellama
BoatMe, I think this is one of those internet board things that will take many posts to figure out what we could have figured out together between our first and second beer .... QUOTE]

As long as it's 2%, none of that skim milk here...

Quick Reply: Lollipops in Daytona has to pay millions...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.