Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   burned 2 cylinders on the outboard today, I give up!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/175021-burned-2-cylinders-outboard-today-i-give-up.html)

rchevelle71 12-09-2007 06:13 PM

burned 2 cylinders on the outboard today, I give up!!!

bottom 2 cylinders leaned out, and scored the walls, after 3 years, and more $$$ than I have ever seen in one place I give up, anyone wanna buy a pantera Hull:mad:

FeverMike 12-09-2007 06:22 PM

I feel for ya! I understand too.....remember what BOAT really stands for.....Break Out Another Thousand

I hope to sell my 38TE triple outboard Fountain and after that I an DONE with having boating be a major part of my life anymore.

AB From Windsor 12-09-2007 06:22 PM

Sorry to hear of your problems. I know the feeling, hanging there if you can. Hopefully things will come together and you can finally enjoy your boat and not have to put anymore money into it.

CLIMAX 12-09-2007 06:30 PM

Completly rebuilt my pro mod car afew years ago front to back inside and out. New I was good for two to three years. First past 60 feet out threw a rod the car made a hard turn the next 60 feet got the rest of the car, Hang in there

open87 12-09-2007 06:38 PM

alot less expensive to fix a clamp on than a bolt in.....

Biggus 12-09-2007 07:02 PM

Sorry for the bad luck, you must have some trash in the fuel that made its way into the carbs creating a lean condition.

Don't let it get the best of ya bud!

Kurt

rchevelle71 12-09-2007 07:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Biggus (Post 2365453)
Sorry for the bad luck, you must have some trash in the fuel that made its way into the carbs creating a lean condition.

Don't let it get the best of ya bud!

Kurt

Checked the carb, looked clean. Weird thing is its just the 2 bottom, they run on the same carb. Head gasket looked funny, and appeared to have water in the cylinders, but cant tell if the head gasket went out first or after???

Heres some pics, starboard side

mr_velocity 12-09-2007 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike (Post 2365398)
I feel for ya! I understand too.....remember what BOAT really stands for.....Break Out Another Thousand

I hope to sell my 38TE triple outboard Fountain and after that I an DONE with having boating be a major part of my life anymore.

I hear you, though I couldn't give up boating so I'm having a blast with the little outboard boats.

marinetrans 12-09-2007 07:41 PM

Not good,definetly compressed wawa. Heres how it goes, compress H2O, piston breaks at wrist pin,dropping all the needle bearings.Then they travel thru all the pistons power ports and block intake/exhaust passages.Usually head gasket's fire ring rots or delaminates letting wa in.

georges 12-09-2007 07:57 PM

Rick, you bought yours from the same guy I bought mine from. I only had to spend $4000 to get mine running!:D