Notices

Boat/Movie Trivia

Old 03-12-2001, 11:56 PM
ssherman

The anwser is a Pursuit by Tiara yachts. Guess i am the lucky winner of my CD :d

Old 03-12-2001, 11:57 PM
ssherman

Originally posted by ssherman:
[B]The anwser is a Pursuit by Tiara yachts. Guess i am the lucky winner of my CD

Old 03-13-2001, 12:33 AM
huge

Name the boats in the movie 'Face Off' ??
both were stern drives, but one had the sound effects of an outboard

Old 03-13-2001, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by traviss:
" listen..sounds like a cigarette..with 620's"

come on...Miami vice a few weeks ago... middle of the night and he says that....
Old 03-13-2001, 10:04 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Huge, those were the new (at the time) 22 Scarab. The advertisement and press releases said they were jet boats (Ah, O.K.??). Can you really swing an anchor hard enough to put the tines thru the deck?? Not sure I could.

How about the boat Bond, James Bond was driving thru the bayou's of Lousiana, which featured the worlds longest boat jump (a record that was only beaten a couple of years ago)? I have a boat in the back yard made by the same company. Maybe I should set up a ramp??? LOL!!!

Mike
Old 03-13-2001, 10:20 AM
Registered

hey waterfoul, is that the same james bond, where the chick is driving a like 40-50 sunseeker??? did't they launch a twin outboard center counsle boat onto the dock too
Old 03-13-2001, 12:25 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT wrong answer on the Face Off boats yes they were Scarabs but not 22' they were 23' SCS Scarabs with bravo's on them.....
Old 03-13-2001, 01:30 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Dammit!! I changed it from 23 foot to 22 foot. Anyway, traviss, nope. The Bond movie I am talking about might hve been made before you were born (OUCH!!!). Not sure of the title.

Mike
Old 03-13-2001, 03:00 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Waterfoul...The movie you're talking about is "Live and Let Die" and the boat was a Glasstron Carlson with an outboard I belive it was a 16' boat if memory serves me correct and it's still in the Guiness book of world records as longest jump in a boat....Sean
Originally posted by Waterfoul:
Dammit!! I changed it from 23 foot to 22 foot. Anyway, traviss, nope. The Bond movie I am talking about might hve been made before you were born (OUCH!!!). Not sure of the title.

Mike
Old 03-13-2001, 03:01 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Sean, yup, that's the movie. I love that movie just for the boats!! But I thought the boat jump in Face Off was actually longer??? I could be wrong (and I'm sure sombody will correct me). Anyway, I own a Glastron of the same vintage.

Mike

Quick Reply: Boat/Movie Trivia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.