It's cold here Need new job

Notices

It's cold here Need new job

Old 12-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
You like Florida? Why? We have the rudest, most self-centered, selfish, inconsiderate, rotten people living here in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area. Most of the people would just as soon run you over on the highway or in the supermarket with their carts. Forget anyone looking you in the eye. If you're nice and polite to people, they mistake it for weakness and try to take advantage of you.
The only reasonable people you'll meet here are from the midwest.
If I wasn't so damn old and established here I would leave and start over somewhere else.

Oh yeah, the tap water sucks and never gets cold. Most of the cops are idiots and couldn't solve a crime if their lives depended on it.

Otherwise it's a pretty nice place to live.
Because they all came from the North East.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Registered

Default New Yorkers

The problem with Florida is there are to many people from New York and New Jersey in Florida. Thats where the rudest, most self-centered, selfish, inconsiderate people come from.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gcarter
Because they all came from the North East.
Ditto. I miss the Midwest, and the people. Even with the winters. Why would you want to come to Tampa? or even worse... East coast. Miami. WPB.. BOCA. Grrrrrrrrrrr .. I lived in Boca. Coldn't wait to get out of there. Now.. I can't wait to get outtaahere. I'm thinking the Med.
Any one needs a good employee in Europe ???
Actualy Ft. Myers Beach is OK. Need a nice home there on the water of course.
BTW dw.. Florida economy is pretty bad. More people are leaving then coming.
FLA is exporting people.

Last edited by PARADOX; 12-12-2007 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dwtinc
Well Ed I always find your writings interesting and informative. I hate cold weather and I love boating. I have a house on the Lake of the Ozarks which is nice 4 months a year. Not really any decent jobs there and it still snows there. Florida has good water and I love the waterways. Maybe I'm wrong but if the economy gets bad there I might be able to switch my Lake place for one on the waterway somewhere there. I understand what you are saying about the people and thought it might be a plus if I was the exception.
Don't get me wrong. Not everybody here falls into the catagory I described. I have met some wonderful people here, but they are in the minority. The boating here is excellent and you can enjoy it year 'round. There are zillions of waterside restaurants and bars to go to either by boat or car. The food business is so competitive here that you would be hard-pressed to catch a bad meal at an established restaurant...even with the poor water quality. Your real adjustment would be to the weather here in July, August and September. If you work outside, you will swear you've never been more uncomfortable. The other nine months are pretty pleasant. If you're in the boat business, this is where you need to be.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Registered

I just knew that I could never afford to move down when the economy was booming and there may be an opportunity now that it is slowing down. I have been down there in July before and understand what you are saying. On the same note have you been up here in Janurary. It is hot and humid here in July also. The difference is we range from -5 to 110. You range from 65 to 110.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Ditto. I miss the Midwest, and the people. Even with the winters. Why would you want to come to Tampa? or even worse... East coast. Miami. WPB.. BOCA. Grrrrrrrrrrr .. I lived in Boca. Coldn't wait to get out of there. Now.. I can't wait to get outtaahere. I'm thinking the Med.
Any one needs a good employee in Europe ???
Actualy Ft. Myers Beach is OK. Need a nice home there on the water of course.
BTW dw.. Florida economy is pretty bad. More people are leaving then coming.
FLA is exporting people.
You are absolutely correct. The West coast of Florida has mainly people from the midwest who didn't want to migrate to Arizona. Those people are a pleasure to be around. They are so courteous on the road AND in the supermarkets!
Did I mention the crime here in SE Florida? Guys are getting out of jail early and immediately going out and committing multiple felonies. The punks that killed Sean Taylor had rap sheets as long as my arm and repeatedly received slaps on the wrist from the liberal judges.
Let's talk about the quality of education here. Most of the younger people interviewing for jobs are illiterate! All you have to do is read their applications. The schools do not have physical education classes, (too many injuries and lawsuits), so that the little, fat ba$tards are overweight and totally out of shape. Forget English grammar. Most of these morons couldn't put together a proper paragraph.
President Carter, in his infinite wisdom, allowed Cuba to clean out their jails and insane asylums and let them come into Miami. Do you think it's safe for a white man after dark in most of Miami? Good Luck.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
.. BOCA. Grrrrrrrrrrr .. I lived in Boca.

I resemble that remark.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by B one
The problem with Florida is there are to many people from New York and New Jersey in Florida. Thats where the rudest, most self-centered, selfish, inconsiderate people come from.
You could get lynched here with a remark like that!

Years ago I towed a Top Gun to Chicago for a customer. The only car that put me and the boat in jeopardy had a Florida tag and a New Jersey Devils sticker on the window! Maybe it was just a coincidence.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
I resemble that remark.
LOL.. "resemble" ?? There were a few cool dudes in the West Coast.. Correction. very few...
Cash... you need to buy this old Formula and have fun with it for a while. I'm still looking for a new boat for myself.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Registered

I am sure there is a lot of truth to what you say but we have problems everywhere. I live in the middle of the US and we have a lot of Mexicans coming into our town. We have shootings anymore a couple a week. May not sound like many but I live in a town of 70,000 people. I don't know much about Ft Myers and I am not against that side either.

Quick Reply: It's cold here Need new job

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.