Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   It's cold here Need new job (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/175272-its-cold-here-need-new-job.html)

Fast Shafts 12-12-2007 09:49 PM

Gcarter and Bone, welcome to OSO. Being newbies and making comments like that, I'm sure you'll make alot of friends here.:rolleyes:

PARADOX 12-12-2007 09:51 PM

[QUOTE=dwtinc;2369960. On the same note have you been up here in Janurary. It is hot and humid here in July also. The difference is we range from -5 to 110. You range from 65 to 110.[/QUOTE]
I used to live in Chicago... I know all about the 100 * and -75* with windchill... 2' snow on new Years one year.. 75* in mid Dec. the next.
:evilb: Isn't the midwest just great ???

Edward R. Cozzi 12-12-2007 09:51 PM

[QUOTE=PARADOX;2369943]BOCA. :mad: Grrrrrrrrrrr .. I lived in Boca. Coldn't wait to get out of there.

The only thing wrong with the people from Boca Raton is they think they $hit ice cream!

I lived in Boca long ago before a divorce. After the divorce I moved to Ft. Lauderdale, but came back to Boca to watch my sons play Little League baseball. The same fathers that I thought were my friends wouldn't even talk to me once I had moved!

dwtinc 12-12-2007 10:01 PM

I have traveled all over the US and agree with the general assumptions of the region where people come from. I was in Chicago 2 weeks ago and you couldn't get anyone to even look at you there. I thought it was funny just trying to get eye contact. I think it is too bad that people live their lives like that. I have been to Lauderdale several times and found that most people there are polite. I flew into Lauderdale a month ago for the Key West races and didn't think any different.

PARADOX 12-12-2007 10:04 PM

Sorry everyone.. It's real serious issue for me, due to my past and personnal reasons, so bare with me.. I just had to say this..
Quote>> President Carter, in his infinite wisdom, allowed Cuba to clean out their jails and insane asylums and let them come into Miami. Do you think it's safe for a white man after dark in most of Miami? Good Luck.<<<<

I also do Construction as a GC in Florida. I have to go to Miami, Dade. Miramar.. Hialiah.. etc. I feel like I'm in a different country. NO ONE SPEAK ENGLISH..!!!
I want to get lunch and I can't becouse everyone assumes I speak some Latin/Spanish?Spanglish or something... and I mean they assume.. I go to the grossery store for something and they tell me how much I owe in Spanish.. Then they wonder why I just wait there untill some one translates.
I have no issues with Spanish, the Latin community, the Chinese, Polish.. I dont care if you from Mars, PLuto or Orian. BUT...
If you live here, work here, take my taxes... YOU BETTER SPEAK MY FF""ING LANGUAGE.
It just get's me so ff'ing angry that my tax dollars are paying for some.. to take their drivers license test in some other language then English. IN THE USA.
(sorry everyone, it's been a hard day. I just had to vent a bit)

:ernaehrung004: I go hide now.

Edward R. Cozzi 12-12-2007 10:09 PM

I get heartburn just reading the signs of the Cuban restaurants.

gcarter 12-12-2007 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Geoghegan (Post 2369983)
Gcarter and Bone, welcome to OSO. Being newbies and making comments like that, I'm sure you'll make alot of friends here.:rolleyes:

I also apologise. It was just a comment about some of the people (not boaters) who populate the state I live in.
Everyone knows Florida is made up of about four parts, seemingly populated w/folks from different parts of the country. Maybe the North East purged some of the more difficult folks and they ended up in South Florida. maybe you're better off for that happening.

PARADOX 12-12-2007 10:11 PM

dwtinc.. I apologize.. we are stealing and taking your thread someplace else..

Ed.. It's the Boca thing... and they can have it..

ok I'm done.. I need a cold \'_/

Cash Bar 12-12-2007 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by PARADOX (Post 2369978)
LOL.. "resemble" ?? There were a few cool dudes in the West Coast.. Correction. :) very few...
Cash... you need to buy this old Formula and have fun with it for a while. I'm still looking for a new boat for myself.

I have been looking for a new boat for 2.5 years. Since I got my $$ taken by two diff dealers. Now I just decided to wait til it's an MTI that I get from the FACTORY with the MSO. :cool-smiley-011:

dwtinc 12-12-2007 10:16 PM

You all have to admit. There is no better water in the US than Florida. I have been all up the west coast and up the north east coast and along the gulf states from Texas over to Florida. The only thing I have found that is so boater friendly is the Ozarks and like I said it gets cold there. It is 31 degrees right now at the Lake and my computer says its 76 in Lauderdale