It's cold here Need new job

Notices

It's cold here Need new job

Old 12-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by B one
The problem with Florida is there are to many people from New York and New Jersey in Florida. Thats where the rudest, most self-centered, selfish, inconsiderate people come from.
I'm from Jersey, and I agree with you.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
I have been looking for a new boat for 2.5 years. Since I got my $$ taken by two diff dealers. Now I just decided to wait til it's an MTI that I get from the FACTORY with the MSO.
where did that 96 top gun end up ?
Old 12-13-2007, 08:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default True Story

Ok guys this is a true story that happened to me in Ft Lauderdale at Shooters one Sunday. Sitting at the bar Sunday afternoon watching the Daytona 500. I get up to go to the restroom after having a few Planters Punches. Coming back a ladies purse next to us is sitting on the chair next to mine. I happened to knock the purse over and on to the floor. Now I know you think I was drunk I wasn't it was crowded that Sunday at the bar. I bent down and started to pick it up like a gentlemen is supposed to do and this lady from the upper East Coast with the whiny accent starts yelling at me for knocking over her purse. So, I bent down and picked up her purse and put all the things back in her purse. I said lady if you don't like it I will just leave it laying down there for you to pick it up. My Mother brought me up to respect women and I was just doing the right thing in this circumstance.
I agreed with everyones comments in their post the people on the east coast are rude. I only go there for the boat show and the eye candy outside of that I will stay over on the West Coast.
A couple years after this happened we were going to buy a place down in Florida and I wanted to buy in Lauderdale because of the night life and boating activity. My wife won't let me buy there as she wants to be over on the West Coast. She already made appointments with a realtor in Cape Coral. She had whittled down from a possiblity of 15 to 5 from condo's, townhouses and houses. We eventually bought in Cape Coral on a canal 10 minutes from the river and about twenty minutes to Sanibel Bridge. The first year there I thought she had me trapped in old folks land but after moving around and talking to people I found where the night life is and I am a happy camper now. In fact the guy that owns Leaping Lizard's is from Northern Ky. Then I find out that there are about 10 other guys from up home there also. So in the end it was the best thing to happen. For the most part all the people in the Cape and the Ft Myer's area are from the Midwest. People there are friendly and the traffic is less. As far as boating is concerned we have one of the best boat clubs in the Ft Myer's Offshore. They have just completed two runs. One at Thanksgiving and just one last weekend an overnighter at South Seas Plantation. I got more townhouse for half the money then I would have spent in Lauderdale. Plus I am on a canal. Last but not least i am still married as the wife said if we would have bought in Lauderdale we would have been divorced by now and that would have cost me millions.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:07 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman1
Ok guys this is a true story that happened to me in Ft Lauderdale at Shooters one Sunday. Sitting at the bar Sunday afternoon watching the Daytona 500. I get up to go to the restroom after having a few Planters Punches. Coming back a ladies purse next to us is sitting on the chair next to mine. I happened to knock the purse over and on to the floor. Now I know you think I was drunk I wasn't it was crowded that Sunday at the bar. I bent down and started to pick it up like a gentlemen is supposed to do and this lady from the upper East Coast with the whiny accent starts yelling at me for knocking over her purse. So, I bent down and picked up her purse and put all the things back in her purse. I said lady if you don't like it I will just leave it laying down there for you to pick it up. My Mother brought me up to respect women and I was just doing the right thing in this circumstance.
I agreed with everyones comments in their post the people on the east coast are rude. I only go there for the boat show and the eye candy outside of that I will stay over on the West Coast.
A couple years after this happened we were going to buy a place down in Florida and I wanted to buy in Lauderdale because of the night life and boating activity. My wife won't let me buy there as she wants to be over on the West Coast. She already made appointments with a realtor in Cape Coral. She had whittled down from a possiblity of 15 to 5 from condo's, townhouses and houses. We eventually bought in Cape Coral on a canal 10 minutes from the river and about twenty minutes to Sanibel Bridge. The first year there I thought she had me trapped in old folks land but after moving around and talking to people I found where the night life is and I am a happy camper now. In fact the guy that owns Leaping Lizard's is from Northern Ky. Then I find out that there are about 10 other guys from up home there also. So in the end it was the best thing to happen. For the most part all the people in the Cape and the Ft Myer's area are from the Midwest. People there are friendly and the traffic is less. As far as boating is concerned we have one of the best boat clubs in the Ft Myer's Offshore. They have just completed two runs. One at Thanksgiving and just one last weekend an overnighter at South Seas Plantation. I got more townhouse for half the money then I would have spent in Lauderdale. Plus I am on a canal. Last but not least i am still married as the wife said if we would have bought in Lauderdale we would have been divorced by now and that would have cost me millions.
The problem with living this long around rude people is you become conditioned to it and expect it. I had fueled-up in Ft. Myers and was pulling out onto Rt.41 when a guy stopped to let me in. I couldn't believe it!!
Old 12-13-2007, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where u from bouyhunter....i'm in somerset
Old 12-13-2007, 09:27 AM

I'm from Ohio. I'm in NY, Boston & FL at least a dozen times a year. The people there always seem nicer than those around here. Drivers in Miami and Orlando are tough- it's like they're all from Michigan

Ed- you're right about the courtesy thing. I'm in KY & TN about once or twice a month. What would get you a brawl or shot at here gets you an apology there. I've had more people apologize to me when I was the one in the wrong than I can count.

Last edited by Chris Sunkin; 12-13-2007 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Registered
VIP Member

I spent a few days in Nashville, TN a few years ago. The people there were so nice! If I could make a living there, that's where I'd be.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:07 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We may not have the best water here on the Texas coast, but we do have friendly people and a healthy business environment.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote....Last but not least i am still married as the wife said if we would have bought in Lauderdale we would have been divorced by now and that would have cost me millions.

I lived in Boca, Divorced in Boca.
SE Florida is the only place I asked for directions, (gas stations etc) and I get totaly ingored, or they live a block awayand have no clue where it Wallmart.
A few years ago I was asking for directions to the post office at a gas station. Needles to say,...hardly any English no clue of the locations. As I pulled out of the station (in the rear) I noticed the post office in the same shopping center. It is true however, that you get somehow used to the rudness and coldness. It took a year in the west coast for me to smile again.
In the Midwest and other pars of the country. (Texas,, yesss, CA. Loto, Tn Al. etc.) friendliness is common.
When some one ask for directions from me,, I just say... "follow me". YOu never get that in SE Fla.
And I am thinking about the Ft. Myers area. I have to check into the homes..
Old 12-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
We may not have the best water here on the Texas coast, but we do have friendly people and a healthy business environment.
and you have a good football team with the cowboys

Quick Reply: It's cold here Need new job

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.