It's cold here Need new job >

It's cold here Need new job

Notices

It's cold here Need new job

Old 12-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's cold here Need new job

It's cold and Sh&tty here and I hate winter. Do any of you in south Florida need a good responsible employee. I am ready for a change. My kids are grown and I have nothing keeping me here.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Registered

Good luck getting a real job down here. Businesses are going under left and right. I'm even moving back to cold and sh&tty Ohio.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:20 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

It might help if you tell us what skills you have.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark
Good luck getting a real job down here. Businesses are going under left and right. I'm even moving back to cold and sh&tty Ohio.
Mark, I remember in another thread you saying you were moving back up this way, What part of OH are you from/moving too?
I was planning on dropping everything and moving to Tampa/St. Pete area about 5 yrs ago and buying a liveaboard housboat, and then an opportunity came up here in Cincitucky that brought us here.
The winter isn't nearly as $hitty as Toledo where I grew up...
Old 12-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Registered

I can do about anything that a person with common sense can do. With that I have been in management, owned a couple of my own business, own real estate, can do construction, about anything mechanical. I have never let anything limit me on doing anything except not having a formal degree for it. Have been self employed most my life and I know I would make a good employee.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dwtinc
It's cold and Sh&tty here and I hate winter. Do any of you in south Florida need a good responsible employee. I am ready for a change. My kids are grown and I have nothing keeping me here.
Dont forget to check on Texas , houston/galveston area, The water is not as clear,, but its been pretty warm here.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Registered

I spent a lot of time in Austin and loved it. Lake Travis was great. I am not against considering it but I like Florida.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mark
I love Ft Myers! Im in/from Ohio and Ft Myers is the only place in Florida Id want to be.

Do you ever go to Tims Place? (Channel Mark)
Old 12-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You like Florida? Why? We have the rudest, most self-centered, selfish, inconsiderate, rotten people living here in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area. Most of the people would just as soon run you over on the highway or in the supermarket with their carts. Forget anyone looking you in the eye. If you're nice and polite to people, they mistake it for weakness and try to take advantage of you.
The only reasonable people you'll meet here are from the midwest.
If I wasn't so damn old and established here I would leave and start over somewhere else.

Oh yeah, the tap water sucks and never gets cold. Most of the cops are idiots and couldn't solve a crime if their lives depended on it.

Otherwise it's a pretty nice place to live.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Registered

Well Ed I always find your writings interesting and informative. I hate cold weather and I love boating. I have a house on the Lake of the Ozarks which is nice 4 months a year. Not really any decent jobs there and it still snows there. Florida has good water and I love the waterways. Maybe I'm wrong but if the economy gets bad there I might be able to switch my Lake place for one on the waterway somewhere there. I understand what you are saying about the people and thought it might be a plus if I was the exception.

Quick Reply: It's cold here Need new job

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.