Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   It's cold here Need new job (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/175272-its-cold-here-need-new-job.html)

dwtinc 12-12-2007 04:36 PM

It's cold here Need new job

It's cold and Sh&tty here and I hate winter. Do any of you in south Florida need a good responsible employee. I am ready for a change. My kids are grown and I have nothing keeping me here.

Mark 12-12-2007 04:39 PM

Good luck getting a real job down here. Businesses are going under left and right. :( I'm even moving back to cold and sh&tty Ohio. :(

t500hps 12-12-2007 05:20 PM

It might help if you tell us what skills you have.

bouyhunter 12-12-2007 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mark (Post 2369578)
Good luck getting a real job down here. Businesses are going under left and right. :( I'm even moving back to cold and sh&tty Ohio. :(

Mark, I remember in another thread you saying you were moving back up this way, What part of OH are you from/moving too?
I was planning on dropping everything and moving to Tampa/St. Pete area about 5 yrs ago and buying a liveaboard housboat, and then an opportunity came up here in Cincitucky that brought us here.
The winter isn't nearly as $hitty as Toledo where I grew up...

dwtinc 12-12-2007 05:51 PM

I can do about anything that a person with common sense can do. With that I have been in management, owned a couple of my own business, own real estate, can do construction, about anything mechanical. I have never let anything limit me on doing anything except not having a formal degree for it. Have been self employed most my life and I know I would make a good employee.

spk1 12-12-2007 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by dwtinc (Post 2369575)
It's cold and Sh&tty here and I hate winter. Do any of you in south Florida need a good responsible employee. I am ready for a change. My kids are grown and I have nothing keeping me here.

Dont forget to check on Texas , houston/galveston area, The water is not as clear,, but its been pretty warm here. :D

dwtinc 12-12-2007 06:50 PM

I spent a lot of time in Austin and loved it. Lake Travis was great. I am not against considering it but I like Florida.

TEAMBAJA 12-12-2007 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mark (Post 2369578)

I love Ft Myers! Im in/from Ohio and Ft Myers is the only place in Florida Id want to be.

Do you ever go to Tims Place? (Channel Mark)

Edward R. Cozzi 12-12-2007 08:48 PM

You like Florida? Why? We have the rudest, most self-centered, selfish, inconsiderate, rotten people living here in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area. Most of the people would just as soon run you over on the highway or in the supermarket with their carts. Forget anyone looking you in the eye. If you're nice and polite to people, they mistake it for weakness and try to take advantage of you.
The only reasonable people you'll meet here are from the midwest.
If I wasn't so damn old and established here I would leave and start over somewhere else.

Oh yeah, the tap water sucks and never gets cold. Most of the cops are idiots and couldn't solve a crime if their lives depended on it.

Otherwise it's a pretty nice place to live.

dwtinc 12-12-2007 09:03 PM

Well Ed I always find your writings interesting and informative. I hate cold weather and I love boating. I have a house on the Lake of the Ozarks which is nice 4 months a year. Not really any decent jobs there and it still snows there. Florida has good water and I love the waterways. Maybe I'm wrong but if the economy gets bad there I might be able to switch my Lake place for one on the waterway somewhere there. I understand what you are saying about the people and thought it might be a plus if I was the exception.