Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Is it just me? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/175348-just-me.html)

Lofty 12-13-2007 02:49 PM

Is it just me?

I've noticed an increased involvement and posts from marine manufacturers and industry partners on OSO of late. I wonder why?

This is all good for OSO and it's members, I hope this keeps up.

OSO 12-13-2007 03:00 PM

Some of them just have to pop the Cherry.

I always tell them, people learn from you they will buy from you.

I think its great hope this helps set the stage.

Lofty 12-13-2007 03:04 PM

I agree with that! Seems coincidental but I don't think it is.

Regardless, it's good for everyone.

Audiofn 12-13-2007 03:04 PM

The one thing that has always been missing. Hope the trend continues.

OSO 12-13-2007 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn (Post 2370805)
The one thing that has always been missing. Hope the trend continues.

I have traveled to a lot of shops and manufacturing plants, etc.

This is what I hear over and over:

1. Our company policy is we are not allowed to post on there
2. I don't post on there because some "know it all" is just going to come tell me he knows more.

Chris Sunkin 12-13-2007 03:21 PM

I think it's great that we have actual, knowledgeable professionals who could contribute. I'd love to see more manufacturers contributing.

At the same time, I've also been seeing alot of vendors jumping into "where can I find..." posts which hasn't really been seen in the past. I haven't seen anything that I'd consider objectionable but I hope it's not a trend. I wouldn't want to see threads jammed up with "infomercials" from every vendor out there.

US1 Fountain 12-13-2007 03:36 PM

Yes! Noticed for the last couple weeks there has been more activity in the advertisers marketplace. A much more enjoyable atmoshpere now. Not the same advertisor constant ly bumping his ads with worthless TTT postings with meaningless post. I always figured all the other advertisors got tired of spending time to place their ads, only to have, I'll call himFred, bump his to the top and bury theirs.

I LIKE the way things turned out!

TexomaPowerboater 12-13-2007 04:14 PM

Definately makes for a better forum.

dwtinc 12-13-2007 04:22 PM

Seems that all the people are getting along better. OSO is the number 1 site for performance boating and the ones involved is a great group of people. Lots of information to be learned here from manufactures and distributors.

Indy 12-13-2007 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by OSO (Post 2370808)
I have traveled to a lot of shops and manufacturing plants, etc.

This is what I hear over and over:

1. Our company policy is we are not allowed to post on there
2. I don't post on there because some "know it all" is just going to come tell me he knows more.

Agree with #2, and you can add that some dissatisfied (reasonably or unreasonably) customer will come on and let the crap fly. I wouldn't get near a board if I were a manufacturer, too many boneheads out there.