Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Any one know about Marlin boats? >

Any one know about Marlin boats?

Notices

Any one know about Marlin boats?

Old 12-18-2007, 04:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any one know about Marlin boats?

I seen this boat for sale, looks nice but I try to research the Marlin boats and I cannot find any info. I would just like to know if they are solid boats. I have noticed this boat was for sale all summer. Thanks ---Brad

link to boat: http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/9/88323329.htm
Old 12-18-2007, 10:04 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

I remember Marlin Ski Boats.

http://sd.craigslist.org/boa/477429980.html
Old 01-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Registered

Looks like a nice boat.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I remember correctly,Marlin was a Sea-Ray splash made in Oregon for awhile in the 80's. Was probably an OK lake boat. - Jeff
Old 01-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Registered

Default Marlin Boats

The Marlins were built in White City Oregon. I have owned 2 of them, an 18 ft jet and a 21 ft daycruiser slashed from a 21 Spectra. They had a couple of styles as I remember. One style was built around the west coast custom and the other was a bunch a family run- abouts.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:09 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe that is the same bottom design as my '87 24 Empress. There were at least two Marlin boat builders, maybe three. The one you are looking at was built in Oregon as boaterh said. They had a good reputation. I took the 260 with Alpha out of mine and put in a 630hp 502 with Bravo. It runs in the low 80's and handles stuff up to 3' ok but it is not fun for long when Lake Michigan gets rough. The bottom is a 21 degree, instead of a 24 like deep V's, it is an assumtion on my part the bottom is the same, you should check.
The boats were built well with full length Douglas Fir stringers etc. Make sure, if really interested, you have it surveyed because that would be close to when the company went out of business. I have not heard anything bad, but some companies on the edge of closing cut corners close to the end.
Attached Thumbnails Any one know about Marlin boats?-marlin0001.jpg   Any one know about Marlin boats?-marlin0002.jpg   Any one know about Marlin boats?-marlin0004.jpg  

Old 01-12-2008, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

Back in the day I owned the "test" boat that was featured in Hot Boat Magazine.' We lived in Laughlin area and boated at Mohave and Havasu. Back then it was always the attention getter...

The boat was solid, well built and fast for it's day. Really stuck to the water, we were never able to get it to "slide" going into a turn, you could rollit over to the rub rail and it would still stick! The only problem we ever had was motor mounts had to be strengthened. Also I believe there was only 8 of the boats ever made of that model. But Marlin was known for their "Family boats".

I actually miss that boat, one of the best I ever owned...

My uderstanding is Cal Custom purchased the company then sold off all the assets, this hull went to Magic, I have numerous pics somewhere but so far cant find them this am, If end up locating them, I'll post.

I wonder what ever happened to our old boat at times, we moved back to Wisconsin in 1992, and I know the boat was sold through an auction in the spring of 93 in Milwaukee, after that, dont know.

It was burgandy and reds and off white hull. Had just a bed in the cutty... Any none remember this boat?

Anyway... They were a great boat in their day.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

18 jet..............
Attached Thumbnails Any one know about Marlin boats?-scan0072-copy.jpg   Any one know about Marlin boats?-scan0071-copy.jpg   Any one know about Marlin boats?-scan0069-copy.jpg  

Old 01-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

If im not mistaken that looks somewhat like a larson spectra senza or a late model (90 ish) switzercraft
Old 08-05-2013, 11:50 PM
Registered

HaHa found my old post. Well that boat i originally posted about is back up for sale. Also found another Marlin 240 Cearo for sale here is the link
http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...mance-offshore

Also Ultimate Warlock Boats purchased these hull molds from marlin in the early 90's and made the Warlock 24' Euro which looks exactly the same but the gel had different colors and schemes and changed up the interior

Here is a 1998 Warlock 24 Euro
http://www.boatloco.com/boats/showthread.php?t=26740

Quick Reply: Any one know about Marlin boats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.