Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Lake Mead Could Dry Up by 2021

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/...ulddryupby2021
Old 02-12-2008, 09:07 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats not good. I was there this past fall, the water level looked very low. I dont have a picture from this past trip but this picture was taken in 2005. The white colored rocks shows the level that the water once was at. We visited Lake Havasu this past fall, the water level looked fine there. We are seriously looking into relocating there within the next 5 years. I am sure that if or I should say when, Lake Mead goes dry, Havasu wont be far behind. This problem, along with those damn Quagga mussels are 2 of my biggest fears and concerns of that area.
Living here in the North East with an ocean at your doorstep all my life, has never posed these problems. Snow, cold, traffic, etc... that stuff I am used to. If it wasnt for the ocean, I would hate everything about this place.
Attached Thumbnails Lake Mead Could Dry Up by 2021-lake-mead-4.jpg  
Old 02-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

que pasa Vinnie? hope all is well....see you this summer.....m.m...
Old 02-12-2008, 09:43 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Hey Mark,

Thankfully, all is well. Looking forward to the upcoming season and seeing your big Apache poised in its usual spot on the weekends. See you both soon.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i though the drough out there was wipped away with all the record percipe in the west ? at least thats what the weather channal said
Old 02-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think the majority of the West is in like a 25-30 year drought cycle. Anybody?
Old 02-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 914 Likes on 460 Posts

I took the Hoovber Dam Tour just 3 weeks ago.....they said that the area is ina 7yr drought and that its about 1/2 way thorugh it right now....with the snow that mountains have been getting this year thay said it would take about 5yrs to return it back to normal....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 02-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN
i though the drough out there was wipped away with all the record percipe in the west ? at least thats what the weather channal said
I would have thought the same thing....but it is going take ALOT of rain fall to fill that lake. A few years of ALOT of rain and melt off from the snow in the mountains

And Rob...start using your spell check

WALLY......think someone is blowing SMOKE up your shirt..........when were there in 1999 the water really low and has dropped more each year that we have been there. So, the 7 year thing is already over and into the 14 year thing maybe

Last edited by enticer; 02-13-2008 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

that's i heck of a ramp slope
Old 02-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Registered

OK, so I posted this on a few of the other boards that this nonsense popped up on... Give this statement some thought:

There is a 50-50 chance that Lake Mead could be dry by 2021.

Now think about that... A 50-50 chance of something happening in 13 years? What kind of bull**** scientific theory is that??? What a total joke by people claiming to be researchers and scientists... Then to use words like perhaps, maybe, chance...

Doesn't seem like much of an exact science to me... What a waste of time, and I really hope they're privately funded. With "science" like that, no wonder the rest of the world is kicking our collective asses...

This is right up there with the jerkoffs who, now that there is a cooling trend, have claimed that global warming has advanced far enough to trigger the next ice age... Personally, I'm all for global warming as I'd love to boat more that 10 months out of the year.

Quick Reply: Lake Mead Could Dry Up by 2021

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.