If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    Checkmate 281

Post Riser spacer help

Anyone know were I can get exhaust riser spacers, and if so do they come in different sizes? I have to go with spacers due to my twins are too tight to install performance exhaust systems, I was working with Trick, bad news their, also I tried stainless marine, nothing they could do to help, and I tried a set of EMI thunder, everything is too tight, do to my 30Ē prop shaft to prop shaft measurements, problem I thought was reversion, however after checking the cam card, and only having a small cam, 220 duration, I now feel that I donít have enough rise in my risers, water in the motor is not my friend, last season I had to rebuild the top end twice, so I think that it might be the best thing to do over the winter, any suggestions would be great.

Gold Member Gold Member
    My Boats:
    34 Fountain trip 300's
    Houston, Texas
    If you are talking about spacers between your cast iron exhaust manifold and top cast iron elbow, then I had the same system in a 1987 Sea Ray Pachanga. They did make different heights (2", 4", 6", etc.). I purchased all mine from Palmer Power in Houston 713-644-6410. I will say though, that I lost a few engines when I tried to make the manifold system last longer that I should. Gasket surfaces would warp, I would add sealant, leak would eventually occur, and no more motor.