Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Trick Marine is now Monster Marine?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/175909-trick-marine-now-monster-marine.html)

IN10SE 12-22-2007 10:09 AM

Isn't there already a Monster Marine in Long Island ?

Oh wait..... That may have been Monstaa Marine.

I sure hope people don't get these guys confused with them..... :eek:

I can't believe what I have read about Fred and Trick... WTF !

fastrrrr 12-22-2007 10:12 AM

Don't buy from them

Don't buy from Trick Marine! They do not stand behind their products any more. I've purchased thousands of dollars from them in the past with no problems but recently their customer service has been less than satisfactory. I purchased two starters from Fred about three months ago and only got one and it was the wrong one. After numerous follow up emails and phone calls with trick promising "should have them in a day or two" I still don't have my starters. Now they don't return phone calls or emails.

dana marine products 12-22-2007 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by insptech (Post 2380318)
Gee a clue from their home page:

Trick Marine strives to provide you with high quality products at the best prices. Performance boating is expensive. WE WILL SAVE YOU MONEY.

Trick Marine is the largest distributor of Dana Marine Products in the US. We are also a distributor for Livorsi Marine. In addition we are a full line dealer for: IMCO, Accon Stainless Hardware, Dino Steering Wheels, Isotta Steering Wheels, CMI Exhaust, Lightning Headers, And More!

For those customer that need s little more "ooMPH" for thier offshore boats we also offer complete custom engine packages by MER Performance of Myrtle Beach South Carolina.

If you don't see what you need on our website or soon to be released catalog, please call. Chances are we have it or can get it for you at significant savings. :

That must be a pretty old copy of their home page, we haven't sold to Trick in over 2 years.

offthefront 12-22-2007 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP (Post 2380391)
The site was taken over by Gaffrig and is being converted to Monster Marine. It appears that Mike from Gaffrig was screwed too and he was able to get the domain name and site. He is not in any shape or form linked with Fred or Trick other getting screwed too.

It will be all Gaffrig product only soon. Thats what he told me.

If this is true its a good thing .... Mike is a good guy .. Mark too at gaffrig .....m

dana marine products 12-22-2007 10:15 AM

The Gaffrig takeover is factual info.

LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS 12-22-2007 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP (Post 2380391)
The site was taken over by Gaffrig and is being converted to Monster Marine. It appears that Mike from Gaffrig was screwed too and he was able to get the domain name and site. He is not in any shape or form linked with Fred or Trick other getting screwed too.

It will be all Gaffrig product only soon. Thats what he told me.

Mike gave me a call yesterday because he was concerned with his existing dealers/distributors & his spoils of war in getting Fred's site.. However I dont think it will be just all gauges..

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations

LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS 12-22-2007 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by dana marine products (Post 2380642)
The Gaffrig takeover is factual info.

True, actually after Mike's call the other day, I think that they are going to be kept separate entities where Mike just owns both & Monster will be basically a retail outlet for the Gaffrig products & some others.. :)

Jamie / Lakeside

getchasum111 12-22-2007 12:56 PM

dude

100-Plus 12-23-2007 11:03 AM

Regardless of what kind of deal was made between Trick and any vendor, the owners of Monster Marine might have wanted to take a few minutes to read the text on the site before it went live. (You can always pull a site down for maintenance.)

You get one chance to make a first impression, and this one is confusing at best.

As for the deal Gaffrig might or might not have cut with Trick, who cares? And isn't that Gaffrig's business?