Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Powerboaters Paradise Bar??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/175913-powerboaters-paradise-bar.html)

1bagger 12-22-2007 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Nordic Gary (Post 2380487)
93 octane for under a buck! Wouldn't care who pumped it.

Under a buck a litre and I'm happy . Built in fenders . Just pull up throw a line to a Bikini clad Dockhand and have an ice cold beer waiting . But having a Bikini fueling my boat that I would be willing to pay a premium for .
Paul

cosmic12 12-22-2007 07:03 AM

good solid docks with proper cribbing on the sides and solid properly spaced cleats to start. Then all the rest of the stuff like the 5 Bs:ernaehrung004:

Gunrunner72 12-22-2007 07:12 AM

Bikini clad fuel girls? Is that OSHA approved?:evilb:

320es 12-22-2007 07:23 AM

Why cover up the goods with bikini's. Topless fuel girls would pack em in.

Really, just good docks and fast service. I hate standing around for 20 minutes plus to get a beer.

baywatch 12-22-2007 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by fountain4play (Post 2380409)
Always love the places with dock girls...lol...nice docks and no wakes or rollers to contend with..

good food and reasonably priced drinks...

I agree 100% with the parking and calm water. There are places I won't go on a Saturday simply because I don't want my boat getting bounced into the dock.

Dock Girls are definately a plus, but Let me add that it is important that they have a clue what they are doing. If they don't have a clue they are more of a nuisance because I still have to give them a tip and they are ultimately in my way. I would much rather look at a dock girl but when it comes to skills the guys working the docks at Captain Rons, and Jolly Rogers are way better at whay they do than the cute females at other establishments. I won't mention where but one afternoon we stopped someplace and the girl tied us off (so I thought), had her tip, and was off to the next boat. Once I got out I realized that the bow line wasn't even tied off (just laying near the cleat) and the the stern line was so slack that my swim platform was actually touching the the dock.

For me it is important that there is something to keep my kid entertained. A Beach, a play area, an arcade, carp to feed etc. etc. It is a fact of life for me that we take our kid with us most weekends and I will ultimately go to establishments that he is having fun. If he isn't happy, mom and dad aren't happy!!

Lastly, I like to go places that I can view other boats parking and going by. So seating that has a view of the water is also key IMOA.

Good luck with the project.

fubard 12-22-2007 08:36 AM

Whatever happened to Millstone Lodge, I havent been to loto in aobut 8yrs (moved to florida) that use to be a great place, It was open but the docks sucked Is it still alive there???

omerta one 12-22-2007 08:45 AM

Nice docks (w/help) are a must...but I also think a really great steak and real seafood place would be nice instead of all the typical crap bar food.

terry summers 12-22-2007 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by fubard (Post 2380559)
Whatever happened to Millstone Lodge, I havent been to loto in aobut 8yrs (moved to florida) that use to be a great place, It was open but the docks sucked Is it still alive there???

Millstone Lodge is no more--a large condo project is being built on the property

TSPM 12-22-2007 08:55 AM

Whee and what is the name of the place the serves deep fried lobsters at LOTO?

PARADOX 12-22-2007 10:22 AM

I vote for "BOATERS ONLY"