Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Toronto International Boat Show (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/176020-toronto-international-boat-show.html)

pullmytrigger 12-27-2007 12:53 PM

I always go.....usaually the first Sunday

weve had meets in the past......Im always in for that too

floatingphil 12-27-2007 02:59 PM

I'm going down to shop for a new boat. I promised my wife a kayak.

Rick G 12-27-2007 03:26 PM

I''m sure I will be there . I will go down with Rudi , Todd and Jay . Always good for a few laughs and decent meal later.
Rick G.
Bob are you doing the Miami boat show run this year.

Bobthebuilder 12-27-2007 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rick G (Post 2384771)

Bob are you doing the Miami boat show run this year.

Hi Rick,

Not sure. I will soon need to give that some thought and decide. I will be at the boat show for sure, tho. Maybe see you there ?:D

Bob

jeff32 12-27-2007 09:44 PM

are there a minimum amount of performance boat? in montreal when there is 5 or 6 Bajas and fountains its about it... I don't want to go to see almost only cruisers! I'm not there yet for cruisers... maybe someday...

AB From Windsor 12-27-2007 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by jeff32 (Post 2385103)
are there a minimum amount of performance boat? in montreal when there is 5 or 6 Bajas and fountains its about it... I don't want to go to see almost only cruisers! I'm not there yet for cruisers... maybe someday...

It seems to be the norm. The lack of performance boat's at the shows by the manufactures is poor. In the past the Detroit Cobo Hall Boat Show has been disappointing with about 5 performance boats. This year is Detroit's 50th year Anniversary I believe and I will be calling to see if they are going to have more performance boats at the show. If not I won't be going. I can see them in the Performance Boat Magazine's.

ToTheMax 12-28-2007 09:35 AM

I'll be there as always. Looking forward to it

pullmytrigger 12-28-2007 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by jeff32 (Post 2385103)

hey Jeff -this is my 100th year going to the show.......jk!..... In years past it would only be Jim Earle with any perf boats......maybe 5 with one Outerlimits, a couple of Fountains and a couple of Baja's, one year an MTI too.....Gordon Bay usaually brings a small (27 - 29)Formula.....another dealer usaually brings a 35 Donzi.....Tuff Marine as posted earlier brings a nice 28......the biggest edition in the last couple of years has been Double R...they usaually bring a new Velocity and a Nor tech and then some thing really crazy.....oh and Bullet engines has been bringing a nice display in the last couple of years.......its only a 40 min drive away for me....doug

Perlmudder 12-28-2007 12:52 PM

must be such a pain in the ass getting all the boats there. ive noticed in the last couple weeks while heading to bufffalo and the cottage that there has been a lot of bowriders cruising down the qew. how do they get the big boats there like the 55-60 foot cruisers and that massive spirit of canada sailboat? arent they way to wide for the highway?

last year there were a couple really cool restored wood boats in the lake. hopefully they will be there this year. i have always loved those.

cheers.

Rick G 12-29-2007 09:40 AM

Sounds good Bob . It appears that Rudy ,Todd, Jay and myself are going Jan 16 . Maybe we will see there that night I am sure you find us either at the Earle or Nortech booths.

Rick G.