Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Favorite Poker Runs of '07 and must attends for '08??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/176032-favorite-poker-runs-07-must-attends-08-a.html)

formula 382 sr-1 12-25-2007 09:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The Hampton Roads Powerboat Association's Run was a great run for the first time putting it on. Over 80 boats going past the Worlds largest Naval base into the Chesapeake Bay and then into the Atlantic Ocean. We always have a blast in the big waters of the Chesapeake. It all starts at Norfolk's Waterside Marina in down town Norfolk Va with dinner at Blackfinn's inside Waterside.The date for 2008 is Aug 15-17 :D

Hot Duck 12-25-2007 10:08 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Jacksonville 2007 was awesome. A perfect combination of great people, great weather and a great location made it an incredible run and a great vacation! We'll be there this year without a doubt!

stainless 12-25-2007 10:35 PM

the connecticut/mohegan sun event was great this yr and plans for next yr look even better! NY and Key west were a blast as well !

FREEDOM US1 12-26-2007 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Hot Duck (Post 2383479)
Jacksonville 2007 was awesome. A perfect combination of great people, great weather and a great location made it an incredible run and a great vacation! We'll be there this year without a doubt!

Man!! Jacksonvilles looking GREAT!!:D:D

JasonSmith 12-26-2007 11:05 AM

We're hitting Desert Storm for the 1st time this year & we are also going to drag to Key West for the worlds in Nov. since Freedom never gives us a ride.:p

Beak Boater 12-26-2007 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1 (Post 2383656)

It was a great time...dont forget the fun run on Fri. before the poker run. Last year they had as many boats as some Poker Runs have.

WARPARTY36 12-26-2007 02:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1 (Post 2383656)

Bring the tall props, the water may be a little flat for you:hitfan:

Frankie gives it two thumbs up though:evilb:

BLee 12-26-2007 02:55 PM

Other than Key West being number one, here's mine in no particular order since they are all different:

Islamorada = Probably the most actual boating of any listed. Most of the new boats in the Miami Show go on this run, which is the week after. More of a guys trip in the past but this years resort is supposed to be first class.

Chicago = Excellent accomodations/setup, super fun water.

Shootout/Fun Run = Total blast and never a dull moment. The fun run is probably my favorite part.

Sarasota = If it wasn't for the Cheetah Club and Boathouse fun, I'm kinda meh :party-smiley-004:. I'm in the minority on that, but totally worth doing if you haven't.

Havasu = CHICKS! FUN as hell.

Destin = See Havasu description.

I've gotta hit Jacksonville this year with the Skater and some new shoes. :sport009:

FREEDOM US1 12-26-2007 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36 (Post 2383822)
Bring the tall props, the water may be a little flat for you:hitfan:

Frankie gives it two thumbs up though:evilb:

Just save me a parking spot at the bar!! I'll show up sooner or later. Maybe we can do an outside run with east winds at 15 th 20 knots!!:D:D

Big Time 12-26-2007 04:33 PM

Can't really beat the atmosphere on the Key West run, especially with the World Championship going on that weekend. If you could only choose one, I think that would be the one you would want to make.

...and where can I find a stripper pole like that, do they sell those at West Marine or was that a facotry option? (kind of always been a dream of mine to have one)