If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hey cat... make yourself useful. go buy a boat or something...

Besides... I like "DUEL"LY better... like... as in..

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: NICKSLICK ]

My Boats:
    28ft Saber, 22 Velocity
    Kansas & LOTO

You got a great deal!!
    I have a 1991 extended cab, 2wd, 454, auto with 90k miles and I asking $10,500.00 for mine!!
    It may sound a bit high, but there aren't any around that don't look like they have gone through every corn field for a 100 miles!! It's really clean!!

My Boats:
    1988 32' Pachanga

Originally posted by supercrash:
    <STRONG>Hope you checked for old snow plow mounts... </STRONG>
    How much snow can there be in SoCal?

You got a sweet deal Nick! I've been looking myself...can't seem to find 'em for under $16-17K.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Tinkerer's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2001 Daytona 26, 1992 SCARAB 34, 1989 25 Checkmate Convincer, 1977 Glastron Carlson CVX 18
    ALTO, MI

Thumbs down

I don't think it should have made a noise like you discribed. If I try that with my truck (1993 2500 6800 gvw 4x4 diesel) the only noise I get is the tires cramping and the front end binding- nothing from the trany. GET IT CHECKED OUT WHILE YOU STILL MAY HAVE AN IMPLIED WARANTY.
    Hey even if it ain't broke it's still fun to tinker with it.

On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Yup Nick.......check that noise out.....the only thing you should hear are the tires trying to match each other.....might have some bad joints in there bro.....

If ya wanna check out the tranny go get her in some sand and put her in 4lo......and step on it.....look out the window and watch her churn.....

Don't be doin that chit on the street man it's no good for the case........bangs it back and forth....

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: shorgasm ]

I had it completely checked by a mechanic today... he said it was binding that did this noise, and that you should never use 4WD LOW on pavement.

My bad...

p.s. oil change, belt, and other minor ship, including labor for checking the rig top to bottom = $190

Charter Member #971 Charter Member Niuhi's Avatar
    Shoreline, WA, US

Congrats on the purchase. I got lucky when it came to using mine on the street. I went from a Kenworth T800 to the Dodge. Amazing how small the Dodge could feel, it's almost as if it were slammed. I know I'm guilty of it also, but whenever I pulled up along a dually driver in the BIG truck I look over and laugh because I know that most those drivers feel like Nick does about the Beetles. While your in the dually you tend to feel like the big guy on the road. Just FYI, those guys in the big rigs look at everyone else including the dually drivers as being mere obstacles to be run over when they get in the way, Hell I know I did and so did my friends.

Hawaii no ka 'oi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12