Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Finally, got a decent towing truck... :>)) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/17605-finally-got-decent-towing-truck-%3E.html)

NICKSLICK 01-28-2002 01:10 AM

Finally, got a decent towing truck... :>))

>>>>>>>> DA DUELLY. <<<<<<<<<<<

:D :D :D :D :D :D

>>>>>>> DA ENGINE <<<<<<<

454 ENGINE
RANCHO ADJUSTABLE AIR SHOCK SYSTEM
OVERSIZED TRANNY OIL COOLING SYSTEM
DUELLY 4 X 4
1996 WITH 100K MILES ON IT.
ABSOLUTELY FRICKEN PERFECT
CD PLAYER, NEW TIRES, CLEAN AS HELL ENGINE.

$13,500

Did I do good?

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: NICKSLICK ]

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: NICKSLICK ]

Sydwayz 01-28-2002 01:19 AM

VERY nice Nick. I am in the Dually market too, or at least something BIG.
I would reroute or tie up that loose red wire at the back of the engine, against the firewall... its looking for trouble.

Brian

Audiofn 01-28-2002 01:25 AM

Seems like a good deal to me. Did ya think your boat was hard on ya at the pumps???? :eek: :eek: I would guess about 6miles to the gallon :eek: :eek: You will not know the boat is back there!!! Looks good man I know you have been looking for a while. Watch the damn turns, that thing takes them WIDE. Same truck as I have but I got a 1999 with the Power Stroke :D :D I LOVE IT!!!! Of course mine was more then twice what you paid so for 3 years older I would say you did quite well :D :D

Griff 01-28-2002 02:08 AM

Don't worry Nick, it'll get a lot better mileage than Audio thinks. Heck I get at least 7 mpg with mine towing the boat and have even broken into double digits empty with a tail wind. :D :D It does pull nicely, but you still know the boats back there. Get ready for some WIDE turns. It was a huge difference in manueverability when I went from a standard cab shortbox to the CC dually.

NICKSLICK 01-28-2002 02:30 AM

muwhahahahahha....

Im so tempted to run over the Turbo Beetles that keep ending up in front of me at the stop lights...

:eek: :mad: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Do you have that urge too?

I made the mistake of "trying out" the 4WD LOW on the pavement, at the dealer, just to make sure it worked... ya know. Tried a slight turn and a HORRIBLE NOISE came out of the tranny... sounded like a giant gear skipping a tooth... me and the sales guy just looked at each other and smiled.

Ive dont that in my Jeep, but it didnt sound like that...

:eek:

hehehe.

NICKSLICK 01-28-2002 02:42 AM

By the way... dat red wire... dats the PASSENGER EJECT wire... it leads to a small C4 charge under the passenger seat... which is mounted on a swivel on the window side... it opens just like a door... hehe.

No, thats the wire to the RANCHO AIR SHOCK pump... dat ting is kewl... ya push da button and it fills up the shocks, and the whole truck lifts up and the suspension gets hard...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Payton 01-28-2002 08:41 AM

"The suspension get's hard"?? is that for humpin the turbo beetles?? :D :D

Carful with that thing, there are laws ya know.

Audiofn 01-28-2002 09:16 AM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :D :D

supercrash 01-28-2002 09:58 AM

Nice ride!!!Paint it red to match your boat and you will be stylin.Hope you checked for old snow plow mounts... :eek:

traviss 01-28-2002 10:05 AM

looks good nick :D :cool: Now we just need to get together and slam that bad boy on the ground :D :D :D