Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Livorsi Rims Turning Colors >

Livorsi Rims Turning Colors

Notices

Livorsi Rims Turning Colors

Old 12-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We just haven't seen these problems you guys are complaining about. I suspect these are new and rare issues because this is the first I've read anything here about this. I would hope Livorsi would pipe up anytime.

I haven't had any problems with my own Livorsi gauges other then flakey senders (VDO) and my panel is going on 3 years now.

I've sure installed a few of them over the past few years.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
You want reliable buy the cheapest guages out there. They seem to work better then any of them. Like Teleflex. When is the last time one of them has not worked!! It is the same with my high end stereo gear that I sell, the higher end the more finiky it is.

I would think Teleflex is alot bigger than Autometer,Ck out there site,Worldwide

http://www.teleflex.com/

http://www.teleflexmarine.com/gauges-us/

http://www.teleflexmarine.com/enginecontrols-us/

Looks like they own Sierra also

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a bit off topic, but pertains to Livorsi. Am I the only one that feels boating hardware and accessories lack quality that is in line with their price? Take for example the wavy chrome finish on my Livorsi single engine throttle shifter for $500+. Sure it works fine, but the quality of the chrome on the base & throttle arms is sub par. Generally speaking, I believe the products available in the aftermarket auto industry far exceeds the quality of those available to the boating industry.

BTW, if your powdercoated parts are turning black I recommend you contact Livorsi direct and speak with someone in customer service. I had a Livorsi 6k tach fail on me after several months of use & Livorsi quickly replaced it with a reconditioned unit that ultimately failed in less than one months time. The second time I contacted Livorsi they replaced the tach with a new one & the problem was solved.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Cliff
True, but Liv wants the cheapest parts to have a large profit margin. Products and quality controll are much lower on the Liv's.

Not trying to start anything, but how many people with Auto Meter gages are having problems?
Have auto meter with no problems and just replaced a water pressure with livorsi in june and its peeling already and Livorsi said the gauges now had to have there name or blank
Old 12-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

14 years old and a little dated...but every one of these VDO's still works. Alright...the speedo is probably off by a mile, but who needs one anymore anyway....just turn on the GPS. I was thinking about blowing the cash to update. May as well hold on to these. I think the prices charged for most of that stuff is absolutely ridiculous anyway.
Attached Thumbnails Livorsi Rims Turning Colors-dominator28.jpg  

Last edited by Ryan8886; 12-27-2007 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Registered

Livorsi and Lovin it!
Attached Thumbnails Livorsi Rims Turning Colors-dash.jpg  
Old 12-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Registered

please post pics of this blackening
Old 12-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Craney
Has anybody had their rims on their Livorsi gauges turn black? On all but 2 of my gauges their is a black color under blue rim, has this happened to anybody?
Sounds custom baby! You can't order 'em like that!
Old 12-28-2007, 07:08 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gentlemen - the powder coated bezels ( many of them are) particuarly in brite or translucent colors will loose color and gloss retention when exposed to direct UV. Consider these to be maintenance items - dark colors have different pigments and are less likely to fade- Flaking and corrosion is a different problem - Couple of ways to solve the problem, but the price per bezel will go up dramaiticly - so you will end up with one supplier using low cost coatings selling a bunch of parts and another with a high end coating costing $ 3x the cheap ones not able to survive in the industry - yet provides a superior product
Old 12-28-2007, 07:15 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If I was them then I would have a high cost alternative that said no fade guage and give the price. I know I would be willing to spend the money

Quick Reply: Livorsi Rims Turning Colors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.