Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Mako Bay Boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/176247-mako-bay-boats.html)

BradH 12-30-2007 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by MegaByte*3 (Post 2386760)
I own a dealership that sells Sea Pro, Sea Hunt, and Lake & Bay bay boats. We also sell used / trade-in Mako's. I would be happy to discuss the pro's and con's of these or any of the other brands mentioned.

Let me know what you are looking for and I would be happy to provide some guidance.

T

How about a little history on SeaHunt? Heard somewhere that some old GradyWhite guys are involved? Any truth to it? For the money they don't look too bad of a boat. Especially the 17'.

Thanks, Brad

Jassman 12-30-2007 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by BradH (Post 2387832)
How about a little history on SeaHunt? Heard somewhere that some old GradyWhite guys are involved? Any truth to it? For the money they don't look too bad of a boat. Especially the 17'.

Thanks, Brad

Neighbor just bought the new 24, put his Yammy 300 on it. I havent ridden in it but checked it out, NOW thats a nice boat for the coin. Jeff

MegaByte*3 12-30-2007 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by BradH (Post 2387832)

Thanks, Brad

I am not aware that there are any Grady guys involved. the family behind the brand sold a boat company to OMC years ago. When OMC went into bankruptcy, their non-compete disolved and they started Sea Hunt. They are built near Columbia SC. Grady White, Regulator, Sea Pro, World Cat, and a few others are in the general area.

I have been very pleased with the fit and finish of the Sea Hunts. The gel coat work is very good. All of the models run well. I, personally, do not like the ride of the 21 with the tunnel /notch. All the rest of the line is pretty good.

T

BradH 12-30-2007 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2387838)
Neighbor just bought the new 24, put his Yammy 300 on it. I havent ridden in it but checked it out, NOW thats a nice boat for the coin. Jeff

May be the one of the best "values" out there, solid built and rigging is adequate. I have no problems with them at all ...especially when I see what they are going for a couple years old.

And a word on thehulltruth...read every post carefully and don't believe everything that is said. Do your homework and make your own assumptions.

Brad.

BradH 12-30-2007 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by MegaByte*3 (Post 2387912)
I am not aware that there are any Grady guys involved. the family behind the brand sold a boat company to OMC years ago. When OMC went into bankruptcy, their non-compete disolved and they started Sea Hunt. They are built near Columbia SC. Grady White, Regulator, Sea Pro, World Cat, and a few others are in the general area.

I have been very pleased with the fit and finish of the Sea Hunts. The gel coat work is very good. All of the models run well. I, personally, do not like the ride of the 21 with the tunnel /notch. All the rest of the line is pretty good.

T

I like the lines of their bay boats a lot. Thanks for the info. Brad.

Jassman 12-31-2007 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by BradH (Post 2387913)

And a word on thehulltruth...read every post carefully and don't believe everything that is said. Do your homework and make your own assumptions.

Brad.

Totally agree, no diff. than this sight. Good and bad info, that you have to weed through.

LV 12-31-2007 07:11 AM

thanks for the info guys, I was looking in the 22'-24' range, your right Megabite, you can spend 35000 to 95000 on the same boat just depending on options, actually went with the 08 2201 Mako with the 225 merc, its low profile, wanted something diff besides a bass boat,something to mess around here on a lake with in the mornings.