Notices

Mako Bay Boats

Old 12-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MegaByte*3
I own a dealership that sells Sea Pro, Sea Hunt, and Lake & Bay bay boats. We also sell used / trade-in Mako's. I would be happy to discuss the pro's and con's of these or any of the other brands mentioned.

Let me know what you are looking for and I would be happy to provide some guidance.

T
How about a little history on SeaHunt? Heard somewhere that some old GradyWhite guys are involved? Any truth to it? For the money they don't look too bad of a boat. Especially the 17'.

Thanks, Brad
Old 12-30-2007, 09:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BradH
How about a little history on SeaHunt? Heard somewhere that some old GradyWhite guys are involved? Any truth to it? For the money they don't look too bad of a boat. Especially the 17'.

Thanks, Brad
Neighbor just bought the new 24, put his Yammy 300 on it. I havent ridden in it but checked it out, NOW thats a nice boat for the coin. Jeff
Old 12-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, Brad
I am not aware that there are any Grady guys involved. the family behind the brand sold a boat company to OMC years ago. When OMC went into bankruptcy, their non-compete disolved and they started Sea Hunt. They are built near Columbia SC. Grady White, Regulator, Sea Pro, World Cat, and a few others are in the general area.

I have been very pleased with the fit and finish of the Sea Hunts. The gel coat work is very good. All of the models run well. I, personally, do not like the ride of the 21 with the tunnel /notch. All the rest of the line is pretty good.

T
Old 12-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jassman
Neighbor just bought the new 24, put his Yammy 300 on it. I havent ridden in it but checked it out, NOW thats a nice boat for the coin. Jeff
May be the one of the best "values" out there, solid built and rigging is adequate. I have no problems with them at all ...especially when I see what they are going for a couple years old.

And a word on thehulltruth...read every post carefully and don't believe everything that is said. Do your homework and make your own assumptions.

Brad.

Last edited by BradH; 12-30-2007 at 10:49 PM. Reason: learning to spell
Old 12-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MegaByte*3
I am not aware that there are any Grady guys involved. the family behind the brand sold a boat company to OMC years ago. When OMC went into bankruptcy, their non-compete disolved and they started Sea Hunt. They are built near Columbia SC. Grady White, Regulator, Sea Pro, World Cat, and a few others are in the general area.

I have been very pleased with the fit and finish of the Sea Hunts. The gel coat work is very good. All of the models run well. I, personally, do not like the ride of the 21 with the tunnel /notch. All the rest of the line is pretty good.

T
I like the lines of their bay boats a lot. Thanks for the info. Brad.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

And a word on thehulltruth...read every post carefully and don't believe everything that is said. Do your homework and make your own assumptions.

Brad.
Totally agree, no diff. than this sight. Good and bad info, that you have to weed through.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:11 AM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the info guys, I was looking in the 22'-24' range, your right Megabite, you can spend 35000 to 95000 on the same boat just depending on options, actually went with the 08 2201 Mako with the 225 merc, its low profile, wanted something diff besides a bass boat,something to mess around here on a lake with in the mornings.

Last edited by LV; 12-31-2007 at 07:13 AM.