If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Registered VIP Member
    My Boats:
    1988 34' Scarab Ninja

Beatin a dead horse??

Back in November, I emailed the KS,Dept.of wildlife and parks with regards to the "Muffled exhaust" Laws. I"ll admit It was'nt the friendly type of email. I explained that my boat came from the factory with no mufflers, and I thought it was only right for them to pay for all the SH** to make it legal.
    The response I got was this: Currently above water exhaust that emit a noise greater than 86 DB's at 50ft or 91DB's at stationary test would need the vessel muffled.We are addressing issues that have come up pertaining to this andso the law may be changed. [email protected] .
    I dont mean to be a smart a$$ but how do they check the DB's at50ft, when the law states that you should be no closer than 100ft from another vessel??!! Is this a problem every where??

My Boats:
    95 Baja 38 Special
    Wichita, KS
    Really it is just a problem at Perry and Cheney, they are leaving the other lakes alone FOR NOW, it is really coming from folks complaining. The issue that has arisen is that the new laws made the majority of the houseboats and older cruisers illegal as well, so now you have a lot of older folks who are going to get ahssled and I guarantee that they will be getting in touch with their representatives

There are going to be some changes but no details yet as to what they are going to be