Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone take their dogs out for weekends? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/17642-anyone-take-their-dogs-out-weekends.html)

Jayl13 01-28-2002 01:28 PM

I objected at somthing that small at first but I really love this little dog
She is adorable and i love her
What do your dogs do when your cruising fast?
Do they not like it for the most part or do they not care?
This one is so small I doubt she will be able to get up to see anything anyway.
I was thinking of getting a tiny harness for her so that i can tie her to a handle or something to prevent her from flying away if I hit a hole in the water ect.
On another note, that pic of the dead dude from the snake is freakin nasty!
Note to self
***dont go fishing in South America***

Jason

euby 01-28-2002 03:01 PM

mine lays down at my feet and just chills...he use to be all over the place when he was younger but he's gettin up there now in age and just wants to be around :D

p.s. if your gonna take your dog out make sure to clip those nails!

CigDaze 01-28-2002 03:10 PM

Good point, Euby. Those damn nails do a lot of damage...mostly to your legs, not so much the boat. A bigger dog, may begin to ruin the upholstry, but our little guy is only like 28lbs.

Jay, our dog loves to get his little face into the wind(much like a car ride). He loves to just peer out and watch the waves go by and check out the other boats. My wife usually hold him in her lap with the leash tied to her wrist. I never bring him along if I'm alone as someone has to hold him all the time. He's not one to go do something crazy, but I still wouldn't want him getting a too brave at the wrong time! Over all, He's a bunch of fun and we love to bring him along. Besides, He wears himself out and sleeps much better!

FA18Driver 01-28-2002 03:13 PM

Hey Jay look out, first a puppy and then next a rugrat :D

Jayl13 01-28-2002 03:20 PM

NO WAY
We have firmly without a doubt decided NOT to have children.
This dog is enough on us. There are way too many things that we both want to do with our lives and we feel that children will prevent us from being able to do at least half of them if not much more.
So needless to say, NO KIDS
Dog is fine and to be honest with you just about too much to have to deal with
It is a big adjustment for us both cause we are early-mid thirties and never had this responsibility before and now we are going to keep the dog but it is a fine line between too much and liveable.
I will get by with this dog (easier once she is fixed and fully grown)
but the responsibility is something I like to be without
Im sure she will bring me alot of great times though and I look foward to that but Ill never know about kids cause this is more than I bargained for
Jason
(ps -- college for rugrat or 35 sonic ss with twin 800 SC's--- Humm decisions decisions)

FA18Driver 01-28-2002 03:24 PM

Gonna send them kids to a comunity college huh? :D :D

Jayl13 01-28-2002 03:26 PM

Nope
No kids ever
Im kidless now just like I will be when im 35-40-45-50-55-60-and so on

ill stick with being a father to the dog
that is enough for me
Jason

Milord 01-28-2002 03:40 PM

Jay you sound just like me, I don't even want the responsibility of the dog though! :D

FA18Driver 01-28-2002 03:45 PM

I hear ya Jay, I have no kids and that is the way it will stay for me also. But I do have 2 dogs, Lab(Gromit) and border collie (Schatzie). I have the only Lab in the world that hates the water :p go figure .... :D

Jayl13 01-28-2002 03:49 PM

well I begged her not to get a dog and she would not hear of it
I got my boat so I felt compelled to allow this but I never said okay
she just went and got the dog on her own
So since that happened I like the dog but the responsibility is just about too much -- teetering on that fine line
Im with you Milord
I could not handle kids ever and I absolutely refuse,
If she ever starts with the kid kick,
DIVORCE TIME
I cant and wont have children
no way
Hell I accidentally lifted up the sofa so she could get the dogs play ball out from under it
She did not see that the dog climbed under the sofa when I had it up in the air and thus I put the couch on the dog
I looked down and see the leash and said to her where is the dog?
She looked around and quick said PICK UP THE COUCH PICKUP THE COUCH
so I did and the dog came out waggin her tail and though that it was fun to be under the couch (shows you how small the dog is)
Anyway if I had a child, Id kill it in under a week and then be in jail and not be allowed to go boating so I think ill play it safe and start saving for a sonic now and not worry about kids ever !!!!!!
Jason
then no jail time