Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Donzi 27 ZR, Pantera 28, Apache 28, Cigarette 31 Bullet??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/176432-donzi-27-zr-pantera-28-apache-28-cigarette-31-bullet.html)

cosmic12 12-31-2007 07:34 PM

Somehow I think Clays has seen its fair share of a$$:D

WMF 12-31-2007 07:44 PM

I believe Clays Cigarette has seen more ass then most any boat out thier:D I think I am leaning more towards the Donzi 27 ZR because of built quality, speed, and looks, now someone just has to give me a deal on one?

TexomaPowerboater 12-31-2007 07:45 PM

28 Apache :D

Give it a little while. I'll bet you 1/2 the market is not even being advertised right now. Good list...............lets not fool ourselves. The first one that pops up on the short list that is in the right shape for the right $$$$ is the one you get. :cool-smiley-027:

Jupiter Sunsation 12-31-2007 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Donzi 26zx (Post 2388518)
I have recently sold my Donzi 26 ZX to a fellow board member, Thanks OSO for helping me sell it, he got a great Donzi and deal. My problem is I cant seem to find a good used replacement boat. I have tried to find a 28 Apache, they are hard to find in good cond. I also like the Pantera 28, but there are not many of them for sale at this time, I also like the Cigarette 31 Bullet, but I am not totally convinced it is the boat for me or the area I boat in( shallow water), The most logical choice to me is the Donzi 27 ZR, There seem to be some good ones for sale, but nobody want to deal right now, I would think with the market and economy the way it is dealers would want to move thier inventory. I really dont understand? I think all the boats I have named have good point and bad. Trying to find a replacement boat is not a much fun as I thought it would be, I dont want to wait to buy before summer. Any info or help would be app. Thanks everyone here on OSO , and happy new year to all.

That restored 28 Pantera with 300 XS outboards was a cool idea. Guy was asking way too much money for the boat but it was a killer concept to think about.

UNSANE 12-31-2007 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Donzi 26zx (Post 2388766)
I believe Clays Cigarette has seen more ass then most any boat out thier:D I think I am leaning more towards the Donzi 27 ZR because of built quality, speed, and looks, now someone just has to give me a deal on one?

And it has warranties!!!:D

WMF 12-31-2007 08:11 PM

Texacoma you got a great Apache 28, the boat was right up the street from me, I dint have my boat sold before you bought it, I have talked to the guy with the 28 in Georgia and he is flexable on his price, not sure if I want that much of a project, not sure of cond of his boat. I dont want a outboard boat, I/O all the way.

Craney 12-31-2007 09:34 PM

You also might wont to look at a 28 Active Thunder :D

WMF 12-31-2007 10:03 PM

I have looked at the Active Thunder, its not my kind of boat, they build great boats , i just dont like the layout of thier boats.

Bryan Rose 01-01-2008 08:32 AM

Hands Down the 27 ZR.......turn key etc... ready to go. Put a 525 in it and it will flat out hual ass. Then when the time comes ad a little boost and make 800 plus HP and fly past 100 MPH....not to mention modern hull and interior, great comfort and big enough for the day Donzi nailed this one.

I believe the 496 HO motor pushes this boat to mid 70's with only 425 HP good fuel consumption and reliability

Pantera great boat but slow.....with out a lot of HP......

Apache great history but needs a lot of HP to go fast...twin = $$$$$.

cig bullet sweet ride but again much hp needed to go fast...again Twin = $$$$$$

oh by the way My buddy Bill bought your boat and I have a feeling it will be the fastest 26 ZX on the east coast come March, looking forward to seeing what 825 HP will do in that hull.

Bryan

As you can See I am a Donzi owner and am most likely BIased in my opinions....my 2 cents

FeverMike 01-01-2008 09:04 AM

For a single 28' boat you should really look at a 28 Joker.