Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Donzi 27 ZR, Pantera 28, Apache 28, Cigarette 31 Bullet??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/176432-donzi-27-zr-pantera-28-apache-28-cigarette-31-bullet.html)

Clay Washington 01-01-2008 09:18 AM

Congrats on your sale! Now the real fun begins! :p

You would be happy with any of the boats you mention. The Bullet is obviously the biggest boat of the bunch. As such it will have the nicest ride, have the largest cabin (with "the chair") and have an enclosed head. However, it will be the slowest with the same power. You need to decide what is more important to you.

I boat on Lake Travis. It is a deep, rock-bottom lake that can be very rough on the weekends. I wanted a "wave crusher" boat that looked good and would hold its value. The Cigarette Bullet was the only choice for me! :D

Good luck with your search! :cool:

Clay Washington 01-01-2008 09:21 AM

P.S. I was gonna post my Bullet "for sale" today and go look at Condos. But, I think the housing market has another year of falling, and the Claymates begged me to keep the boat.

So, I will NOT be posting my Bullet for sale, but I will be posting more pics in the UC section this summer! :evilb:

Oh yeah... Read my signature line... :cool-smiley-011:

LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS 01-01-2008 10:47 AM

Bill, all good choices & yes the cig would have the most inside space. The 27 Zr also a great boat & you know I am big on Donzi as well, but it will feel a bit tighter inside than your 26zx did. Mainly due to the lower freeboard & the inside cabin height.. That said the 27 will also have one of the fastest rides with the least power required to do so, due to its bottom..

Happy new year..:) Jamie / Lakeside

WMF 01-01-2008 09:28 PM

:Thanks for all the info guys, I really dont know what to buy, this kinda sucks, I think the Cigarette Bullet might be a better choice then the Donzi, thier are alot of of good points to all the different boats I want. Now I just have to find one, dosen't someone have to get rid of a great boat :D?

TexomaPowerboater 01-02-2008 09:44 AM

If you are seriously looking for a new 28ft boat I wouldn't do anything until Pantera comes out with the big news on the new 28 single they making. I'm willing to bet the speed will be right up there with the ZR but with twice the space.

mattyboy 01-02-2008 09:50 AM

the rumor has it there is a new 25-27ish offering coming from donzi has well

WMF 01-02-2008 10:02 AM

I have not heard of any new 25-27ft boat that donzi is coming out with, this is news to me?

TexomaPowerboater 01-02-2008 10:02 AM

Fountain is coming out with a new 32 :D Supposed to have twin small blocks.

OldSchool 01-02-2008 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Donzi 26zx (Post 2389749)
:Thanks for all the info guys, I really dont know what to buy, this kinda sucks, I think the Cigarette Bullet might be a better choice then the Donzi, thier are alot of of good points to all the different boats I want. Now I just have to find one, dosen't someone have to get rid of a great boat :D?

Check with Carter31, He has a nice one, or two!!

Donzi38ZR 01-02-2008 10:18 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Donzi Baby!!!