What's the definition of INSANITY???

Notices

What's the definition of INSANITY???

Old 01-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
Good idea, but how do I get it in there now?
Jupiter Sunsation is right. There is a waiting list every year for floor space, tent space, and slips. (Getting into a tent w/ a 10x10 booth is not too hard though.) You MAY have a chance with one of the bigger yacht brokers, but unlikely. Most of the logistics are already wrapped up. You might try to get a listing of brokers from the Miami Boat Show site. http://www.miamiboatshow.com/

I'd get in touch with Bobby, TnT, Mindi at Doller, Mark McManus, Pat Sullivan at Performance Marine in Pompano, and whoever/whatever shop that just rejuvenated another Apache as highlighted in the Apache forum. All of these folks are in the business of rejuvenating boats with solid history AND potential into new works of art and performance, and they know people that have checkbooks that require wheels; with interest in said projects.

What happened to the race team that was interested in the boat/rig?

We've got a couple slips for AT. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 01-05-2008 at 08:28 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe bring it to the Miami show and cruise around the docks with a big 4 sale sign and ph # on it-- I have seen this before at the Miami show!!!

Like everyone else said - there's probably no room for that beast, but ask around some of the smaller dealers if they have the room (possiblity-you never know if you don't ask) Your boat would definately draw attention and a crowd wherever it is. This could bring traffic their way

Last edited by Semper Fi; 01-05-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Maybe bring it to the Miami show and cruise around the docks with a big 4 sale sign and ph # on it-- I have seen this before at the Miami show!!!

Like everyone else said - there's probably no room for that beast, but ask around some of the smaller dealers if they have the room (possiblity-you never know if you don't ask) Your boat would definately draw attention and a crowd wherever it is. This could bring traffic their way
Thats what Randy Sweers had Larry Goldman do in a 43 Nortech in 2005. He was actually taking people for a test ride and was picking them up at the show, but just went in and out the docks before and after he did.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Put a full page add in the FL.Boat trader when the boat show is in town. If you need a place to keep it you can use my dock.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

some good ideas...
Old 01-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Put a full page add in the FL.Boat trader when the boat show is in town. If you need a place to keep it you can use my dock.
The power of OSO! Very nice offering LS
Old 01-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Certainly some good ideas. Thanks for the offer LS. I might take you up on that. Let me see what I can put together.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
You probably can't since there are manufacturers that have trouble getting space in that show. You could have a chance with a broker who has in water space reserved already.

Being how rare that boat is I would think anyone in the market would know the market and realize that it is a turn key package for 150K whereas some people think a 47 hull is worth 125K. I also think the towability might be an issue for most.
The Borkerage Show is on Collins Ave (http://www.showmanagement.com/yacht_...ow_2008/event/)
, which is where used boats are sold, and is a seperate entity from the manufactures show at Sea isle, bayside and the converntion center.